Grange Farm Sporting Clays Results 9/12/2012

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

High Gun S Brightwell 90

AA Class
1st S Leonard 88
2nd E Solomons 84

3rd=B Hand, K Sherratt 82

A Class
1st A Cork 79
2nd J Whitehouse 75
3rd=T Leonard, J Demulder 74

B Class
1st=R Swaine, S Dyson 72
3rd MG Clare 71

C Class
1st L Hemstock 65
2nd L Trueman 58

Pool
R Mason, G Wilkes 9ex12
Report-2012-Dec-11-083751.pdf

Attachments

• Report-2012-Dec-11-083751.pdf
    259.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of both, it was a tricky shoot set with a winning score of 93/94 in mind then the wind picked up and held some birds way out. I did tweak some stands in the morning but the wind gained strength throughout the day so there wasn't much I could do about that.

Just looked through the check sheets and apart from stand 1 (most wind affected) all other stands were straighted by at least 3 people and quite a few others were just 1 or 2 away, Top score on stand 1 was 8ex10 and its average was 3.7 ex 10 ouch

A bit of both, it was a tricky shoot set with a winning score of 93/94 in mind then the wind picked up and held some birds way out. I did tweak some stands in the morning but the wind gained strength throughout the day so there wasn't much I could do about that.

Just looked through the check sheets and apart from stand 1 (most wind affected) all other stands were straighted by at least 3 people and quite a few others were just 1 or 2 away, Top score on stand 1 was 8ex10 and its average was 3.7 ex 10 ouch
You have my Sympathies, I often design sporting courses and they always end up harder than I intended, usually because of wind or not enough helpers for trap placement.
Even though I say, oh it's the same for everyone, it quite often isn't if the wind is gusting, it can put 20m on a Battue sometimes!

Yeah fair shot made hard by weather. I went to last stand for 88/89 i think and dropped a few! Think my head was still on the A14 doing 110 trying to get there!

Yeah fair shot made hard by weather. I went to last stand for 88/89 i think and dropped a few! Think my head was still on the A14 doing 110 trying to get there!
I've reported this reckless infringement of the law to the local constabulary....... -_-

And don't forget the targets straight into the sun, stand 12 needed a welding mask!!

Think without the sun and wind it would have been a cracking shoot but it was a bit of a lottery in those conditions.  Thought a 90 on the day was cracking shooting, well shot Steve Brightwell.

Mr Potter 

Latest posts

Back