Issue 41

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westward

ShootClay Supporter
Looks like the cut-offs have crept up this time. To reach my goal of B class next time is just going to be a tad harder.Does this always happen or did they just wait for me to take up registered?

Last edited by a moderator:
All depends on how everybody else above us gets on, cant remember the exact figures but top 10% go into AA then next 10% go A and so on. Its all explained on the cpsa site. I believe a + or - 1% for most discipines is about the standard movement. Fuzrat

Top 5% AAANext 10% AANext 30% ANext 30% BBottom 25% C It does vary a tad each time, but 68 for B is the highest I have ever seen it.. Cheers,CSC3

It's going to make it more fun trying to get into b-class next time round then... :)

It is a real pity that we cannot devise a fair grading system.I have been AA for years in Sporting, but due to various reasons ( illness, gun change, poor form, lack of interest, temper tantrums etc.,) I have dropped down to 'B' maybe even 'C' ? But if I started to shoot regularly and got my act together, there hopefully would soon be cries of 'sandbagger'.Which certainly is not fair to me or the competitor who gets displaced each time in the results.Even now despite the so called 'penalties' for not handing your card in I still see 'AA's and others not completing the course and throwing their cards in the bin.Surely if a competitor has demonstrated their ability they should retain their classification?Just a thought.

There is a rule that sorts this out. You will not be downgraded from AA to C; because the rules state that one cannot be downgraded more than one grade at a time. So even if you have been hitting 50 's over the last year, you will be in A. Not a bad rule actually.. Cheers,CSC3

I can't see that there would be any practical difficulty with flagging up and re-classifying anyone at any time who's average is a couple of points above the threshold of a higher class. There really is no need to maintain the traditional 6 monthly cut offs because it isn't 1960 anymore and they could do the calculations in a millionth of a second on a smartphone.This is not CPSA bashing BTW. Heaven forbid that this forum go the way of CS./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Absolutely, gets a bit disheartening when there are the same names banging in 80s week in week out in C for 6 months at a time. Put in a decent score of 75 (thats 7 above average) and come nowhere most of the time. If you do that in golf you are cut for the next match! Simples

I've no idea where this will put me yet, but I'm expecting to drop back into C for ESP and DTL

Several years ago when a mate took up registered there was a fellow I won't name who appeared from nowhere, and during his first 6 months he shot regularly in the 90s, took several HGs and never failed to win C. He was then classified AAA.  He's still around except that these days he's in A and looks like staying there - but that hasn't stopped him winning a couple of major prizes. Maybe it's all above board and I'm certainly not issuing accusations but these things could be so easily engineered out of the system.

Ed averages came out end of last month, new classifications take effect end of this month. Apparently to give grounds time to get outstanding scores in and cpsa to total them up. Must be using carrier pigeon and an abacus then

If i have hardly shot a registered and my average drops do i still stay in the class im in now or do i drop a class.???

i think it's a minimum of 300 shot in an discipline (ESP, Fitasc etc) before you can. And one class dropped only, can't do 2 at once.

My understanding is that you can drop one class per year providing you've shot 300 targets, so if you've only shot one 100 birder and did worse than your average and enough to drop down, it still wouldn't mean that you do. Which is nice.

CleverSC3 said:

Not per year, per grading point (Every six months).CSC3
  Monge tu Clever /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif. Or is it Bonet de douche!

Latest posts

Back