the mental side

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavB

We were going to go to Weston Wood today, but due to the heavy fog and hangover we decided to go to the nearer Valley View. Great targets again, totally dfifferent [apart from the one rabbit target] than last time we visited. So far the hangover was at kept at bay with a bacon sandwich for breakfast.   The first half of the shoot and I was 46 ex 56. I dropped a couple on a driven stand which is always my bugbear but in the zone none the less.Then we hit the tougher part of the shoot which coincided with the return of the hangver and complete lack of concentration followed. One moment "in the zone" next moment Im not focusing on the target and double checking the lead, in comes a bit of self doubt and wallop 12 ex 44/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif A good fun shoot anyway, beats sitting indoors, but amazing how the mental side has such an effect as apart from a couple of tougher stands that most were having diffficulty with in the second part of the shoot, there wasnt much I havent hit before it really was all between the ears/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

I went for a practice on Friday at AC sporting targets. Like you, started well, then suddenly (after getting annoyed about shooting into the sun) my head went. Missed 6 shots in a row and stopped before I even finished the sport trap round. Walk away. There is always another day!Cheers CSC3

Latest posts

Back