Win an extra £50 tomorrow just for shooting!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

Firstly, let me reassure you that the 100 Reg Sporting at Weston Wood tomorrow is absolutely as normal. Entries 9.30am to 1pm. Shoot as normal, hand in your card and your scores will be processed and sent to CPSA as normal - Nothing Changes on that! The prize pot is unaltered, the BO rule is unaltered, this all happens absolutely as normal!!   However, at each of the stands, each of the targets (12 stands, 24 targets in total) have been given a points value which is displayed on the Stand Description, 1 point for Easy3 Points for Moderate5 Points for Harder When the scores are tallied, Allison will calculate from her Master Scorecard the total number of points earned by the hits on various stands, which tomorrow could be a maximum of 318. To keep the playing field fairly equal, All C class shooters will be awarded 30 points before they start, All B class shooters 20 Points (a bit like a handicap but we are not going to get too complicated!). The winner with the top score will receive £50. All entries on the Power Shoot tomorrow are FREE to all shooters.  You will do absolutely NOTHING different whilst you are shooting, all the totalling will be done in the clubhouse once you are finished. Non CPSA members are eligible to shoot the Power Shooting Challenge. What have you got to lose?  Absolutely Nothing!  What have you got to gain?  £50 and a bit of fun!   We are all always moaning that we 'hit this hard ones.....miss the easy ones' this is the opportunity to make that work for us! Come and have a go, Weston Wood tomorrow, Entries 9.30am to 1pm. Steve 

Looks like a good idea... I'm away this weekend in Lincolnshire, very interested to see how this goes down.

Fantastic idear Steve .. good on ya /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

liking that idea /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif se you just after 11 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Hi Steve,This sounds like fun,your allways one for putting i spin on things.EG.pool shoot last week at westfield,the teal.Who won that?Im sure to be there tomorrow after ive been to brize gun club for pre AGM conflab.

Ah..Did this work as planned? It was won by Chris Childerhouse, who also took high gun. (And the pool shoot). He is a fantastic shot, who deserves everything he wins. However, was this a scheme designed to offer a wider appeal to the general shooter at the event? If so, well maybe it didnt quite go to plan? Perhaps the rules should state that this prize goes to the best shooter on the scheme that does NOT win any other regular money that day? Or, it could just be a lottery. Every entry goes into the hat and the winner is drawn. Bit of fun and an incentive to shoot there and not somewhere else? Steve; Im just chatting.. No firm opinion here.. CSC3

It all worked to plan and if a C class shooter had hid just one more target worth 5 points then he would have won it. We learned from yesterday that there needs to be a slightly higher 'handicap' to keep it really interesting - most likely:C class - 35-40B Class - 25-30A Class - 15-20 It would be variable on each shoot (but announced an Entries) depending on what the High Score could be on the day.  It was 318 yesterday but who knows, it might be higher or lower on each day as every course is different. Feedback was really positive and people liked the idea.  It's a bit of fun but it's aim is really to try and get someone not in the prize money to win something.   Who knows, if it becomes popular we can do it in classes without handicaps......!!  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif All feedback appreciated..... Steve and Ally(that word feedback will no doubt open a can of worms....!!) 

Hi Steve, will ally be sending out everyone's points total with the results email or just the winner? Would like to know out of interest how many points I got.Cheers Fuzrat

No we just tallied the cards up until we realised they couldn't win (as only looking for the HG on this score board), need to find a really quick way of working it out too.....!! Any suggestions?  Maybe Matt the excel whiz kid could build Ally a little program?? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

No i think it took a long time.... she has to add them up and then take away from 318 then add on a handicap..... I'm amazed we were all finished on time!!  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif She may thump me for that one!

Steve Lovatt said:

No i think it took a long time.... she has to add them up and then take away from 318 then add on a handicap..... I'm amazed we were all finished on time!!  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif She may thump me for that one!
Now We all need to have a whip round to buy you a suit of armour after that one, if she didnt see it I'll copy and paste it to her on FB, however I am open to bribes to keep quiet Steve ./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Latest posts

Back