Muller Chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MK10

Hi,

Is anyone presently using the Muller choke tubes?

If so, how are they different to OEM or other aftermarket makes, particularly in terms of design (i.e. geometry) and overall pattern performance?

Cheers,

MK10

http://www.shootclay...-chokes-wanted/

Hi there,

Nicky T on here runs the UK distribution for Muller Chokes. His website is http://www.justchoking.co.uk

There are a number of threads on here covering Muller chokes.

Personally, I love them. I use a pair of U1's for Skeet and a pair of U2's for sporting (normally).

Have a look at the Muller Website and that should answer most of your questions http://www.mullerchokes.com

The idea behind them, is that they don't give you a hot central core to your pattern...so if that is what you want, these wont help you.

What they do, is give you very even pellet distribution, right to THE EDGE, of the pattern...o you can get good kills, even if you over lead the target.

They also give amazing kills at stupid distances for a given choke. I was busting a 60 yard (yes, 60 yard) looper with a U2 (just over 1/4 choke).

It was a flash target but I was breaking it well too.

Jim doesn't talk about the Geometry, for obvious reasons. A great deal is said about these chokes and many cannot see why they may be any better than any other choke. If you go on facts, they are THE lightest extended choke on the market and they are THE cleanest.

See what I said about them in the link above, I love them and as far as I am concerned, they have given me targets.

Skeet EDIT: I see you are Down Under...I feel sure they will post them. Nicky T would too probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Is anyone presently using the Muller choke tubes?

If so, how are they different to OEM or other aftermarket makes, particularly in terms of design (i.e. geometry) and overall pattern performance?

Cheers,

MK10
Started using them today in my mk38 brilliant piece of kit in my eyes had them in my beretta a year or so ago before i sold and moved to miroku, smoked some good stuff today and take the front or back edge off and even that is convincing, found the factory teagues far to heavy (two muller chokes in weigh less the one factory teague) and whilst some may prefer to balance this out with adding weight to the stock end its not for me so have killed two birds with one stone (no pun intended) for me they mean i can now forget about chokes and and concentrate on other things. p.s Nicky t on this forum is the man to talk to great service.. ;)

Congratulations matey. Glad you had a good day.

http://www.shootclay...-chokes-wanted/

Hi there,

Nicky T on here runs the UK distribution for Muller Chokes. His website is http://www.justchoking.co.uk

There are a number of threads on here covering Muller chokes.

Personally, I love them. I use a pair of U1's for Skeet and a pair of U2's for sporting (normally).

Have a look at the Muller Website and that should answer most of your questions http://www.mullerchokes.com

The idea behind them, is that they don't give you a hot central core to your pattern...so if that is what you want, these wont help you.

What they do, is give you very even pellet distribution, right to THE EDGE, of the pattern...o you can get good kills, even if you over lead the target.

They also give amazing kills at stupid distances for a given choke. I was busting a 60 yard (yes, 60 yard) looper with a U2 (just over 1/4 choke).

It was a flash target but I was breaking it well too.

Jim doesn't talk about the Geometry, for obvious reasons. A great deal is said about these chokes and many cannot see why they may be any better than any other choke. If you go on facts, they are THE lightest extended choke on the market and they are THE cleanest.

See what I said about them in the link above, I love them and as far as I am concerned, they have given me targets.

Skeet EDIT: I see you are Down Under...I feel sure they will post them. Nicky T would too probably.
Hi Skeet,

Thanks for the informative response, I really appreciate it.

Do you feel the U2's are adequate for most Sporting/FITASC shooting scenarios, or is it worth going up a step in constriction? Oh, what shells are you running through these for sporting?

Thanks,

Manny

Started using them today in my mk38 brilliant piece of kit in my eyes had them in my beretta a year or so ago before i sold and moved to miroku, smoked some good stuff today and take the front or back edge off and even that is convincing, found the factory teagues far to heavy (two muller chokes in weigh less the one factory teague) and whilst some may prefer to balance this out with adding weight to the stock end its not for me so have killed two birds with one stone (no pun intended) for me they mean i can now forget about chokes and and concentrate on other things. p.s Nicky t on this forum is the man to talk to great service.. ;)
Hi ShaubMk38,

You raise a good point! I like the idea of going to longer choke tubes, but without the added weight and change in feel/balance of the gun.

If you don't mind me asking, what choke constrictions and loads are you running in your MK38?

Cheers,

Manny

Hi Skeet,

Thanks for the informative response, I really appreciate it.

Do you feel the U2's are adequate for most Sporting/FITASC shooting scenarios, or is it worth going up a step in constriction? Oh, what shells are you running through these for sporting?

Thanks,

Manny
I haven't yet shot FITASC, not quite brave enough.

However, Nicky T, does shoot FITASC and has done some experimentation with them, obviously having the entire range at his disposal.

He has tried tighter constrictions, but in (something like) his words "kept going back to a pair of U2's for everything".

I will get a U3 and wont ever need anything tighter than that.

I might occasionally put a U1 in, for a very close target, just to play the numbers, but generally a pair of U2's for sporting.

My best sporting score, was shot with my first outing with a U2. I had a U1 and U2 in and shot a 72 ex 84, which was pretty good for me and would have got me second place in A and won the other classes (won C!).

Seriously, these chokes are everything they claim to be (in my opinion). I would get a pair of U2's and a U3.

Incidentaly, in my Beretta (I notice you use a DT10 which has Optima Bores as does mine), the actual constrictions are bang on.

6 thou for a U1 and 12 thou for a U2.

I am using Cheddite Ultimate Trap, a very nice Italian Cartridge with 5% Antimony shot. Normally run 7.5's through them, which is an English 7. But I also have 8's and 9's.

Not sure if you can get those in AUS?

Used them with steel, Gamebore Blue Diamond, Express etc...still get good kills.

Hi ShaubMk38,

You raise a good point! I like the idea of going to longer choke tubes, but without the added weight and change in feel/balance of the gun.

If you don't mind me asking, what choke constrictions and loads are you running in your MK38?

Cheers,

Manny
Hi Manny
Not at all mate am using mullers 2&3 and using eley supurbs 28g at the moment the No3 being about as tight as i would go have noticed a few people on this forum using No2s top and bottom and it seems to work fine for them so i guess its down to what your used to in your beretta. hope this helps. :smile:

Hi Manny

Not at all mate am using mullers 2&3 and using eley supurbs 28g at the moment the No3 being about as tight as i would go have noticed a few people on this forum using No2s top and bottom and it seems to work fine for them so i guess its down to what your used to in your beretta. hope this helps. :smile:
Thanks again! That's great feedback.

I'm typically use to working with a 3/8 and 1/2 choke combination, so I suppose a U2 and U3 combination might be just the ticket. Having said that, I do like the idea of running just 2x U3 's and being done with it.

Thanks again! That's great feedback.

I'm typically use to working with a 3/8 and 1/2 choke combination, so I suppose a U2 and U3 combination might be just the ticket. Having said that, I do like the idea of running just 2x U3 's and being done with it.
So you are used to using just under half and half?

U3 is 22 thou, so about half, yes. A U2 and U3 would probably suit you down to the ground.

Do bare in mind, that the reason many people use the U2, is because it will kill targets at distances that might otherwise be expected to require more choke.

Be very careful with these there are some very bad reports out there, my father has a set and has no problems, but a lot of people with them in beretta have had many split

Be very careful with these there are some very bad reports out there, my father has a set and has no problems, but a lot of people with them in beretta have had many split
Have discussed this on another thread Ben and it appears to have been a dodgy batch Jimmy Muller was fully aware of this and put out a statement explaining what had caused it to happen have not read this personally but coming from an engineering back ground would guess the problem has been dealt with, they are a great product IMO and without a doubt the best chokes i have ever used ;) p.s good to see you on board Ben and look forward to some coaching in the new year :D

Have discussed this on another thread Ben and it appears to have been a dodgy batch Jimmy Muller was fully aware of this and put out a statement explaining what had caused it to happen have not read this personally but coming from an engineering back ground would guess the problem has been dealt with, they are a great product IMO and without a doubt the best chokes i have ever used ;)

p.s good to see you on board Ben and look forward to some coaching in the new year :D

Hi Everyone, First, I want to apologize personally for any problems with my chokes!! I also want to apologize for my delay in the response to this thread. I just heard about this Sunday and was just able to get to my computer.

I want you to know, yes, there were a few chokes that split, I say a few because it is less than 1% of what is in the field. Either way, in my opinion, one is too many!! I am constantly striving for something better for my fellow shooters and this time, I changed a radius blend and taper length in a few chokes based on improved results. Unfortunately, it caused a few failures due to additional forces excerted. Immediately upon discovering this, I did a recall and shipped corrected ones to everyone. Nobody has had a problem since! Unfortunately, I did not get to everyone due to show sales, etc. ANYONE that has ever had an issue, please email me direct for full replacement! I can assure you, it is a very rare occurance and it is only due to geometry change that I made in thinking it was superior! I was wrong! All corrections have been adjusted back to what they were before the problems, and everything is awesome! If anyone has ANY concerns, questions, issues, please email me immediately. My personal email is [email protected]

With all that said, I want everyone to know, we will take care of you at the highest possible level. If anyone has had difficulty in reaching us, it is because we are extremely busy with growing orders and wonderful customers, and for that, I thank each and every fellow shooter out there and I am sorry for the annoyance of delay. I go to shoots to interact and meet everyone! My name is on the choke because I believe in it and feel 100% it IS the best choke in the World and I, as a Master shooter would never shoot anything else. I truly believe in it and wouldn't sell it to you if I didn't! I have well over 250,000 rounds thru my U2's and they are like new! Please have confidence and I assure you of the best quality available.

Sincerely, Jim Muller

I have done a lot of testing with them in my DT10L. With high velocity and crap ammo, there were a big difference in pattern quality. With premium ammo , nice and lsow, there was little difference. The biggest difference for me were: livelier shotgun feel and a clean choke using premium slow target shells. The same was true for cheap high speed shells! They are not proofed for steel shot! Jim Muller has spent years patterning shotshells and shotguns! He does know what happens at the choke with a whole bunch of shotgun /choke combinations!

I have done a lot of testing with them in my DT10L. With high velocity and crap ammo, there were a big difference in pattern quality. With premium ammo , nice and lsow, there was little difference. The biggest difference for me were: livelier shotgun feel and a clean choke using premium slow target shells. The same was true for cheap high speed shells! They are not proofed for steel shot! Jim Muller has spent years patterning shotshells and shotguns! He does know what happens at the choke with a whole bunch of shotgun /choke combinations!
Erm ... YES, they are proofed for steel shot! See Muller Chokes FAQ page.

You can use up to shot size #7 in U1, U2 & U3. I shoot steel 9's and occasionally 7.5 through mine.

Latest posts

Back