Which 28 gram load for Sporting Clays

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MK10

Hi,

Which 28 gram loads and shot sizes are people (i.e. you guys) using for Sporting Clays? Any information on what choke constrictions are being used with these loads would also be great.

I'm not sure this is the best place to raise such a thread............so please forgive me if I got it wrong.

Cheers,

Manny

-40yds 8's

+40yds 7.5's

+60yds 7.s

Clever Mirage shells, so Italian sizes...so 7.5's 7's and 6.5's

I'm using the new gamebore evo sporters, 28 gramm plastics and fibres, 7.5s with 1/4 and 1/2 choke. Middle of the road price, fairly nippy at 1420 fps and good on recoil.

Last edited by a moderator:
27 gram hull super fast for me! any target anywhere...... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All cartridges are better than me,, so largely immaterial.

However I have just bought 2,000 Cheddite 7.5s to try, on sound advice.

Hi Manny

I use Victory Challenger 8s for just about everything,through 1/4 and 1/2 choke usually.

I usually have some Challenger 6.5s for anything really stupid,or for a bit of confidence if i am struggling with a target.

Kev

Hi

I use Eley Superb 7.5 at every thing, 1/2 and 5/8 sporting, 5/8 and full for fast trap ;-)

Express HV 7.5, 1/4 & 1/2 choke on everything. I recently stopped fiddling about with my chokes, just concentrating on clay f**** it works.

Fiocchi Golden Trap or Fiocchi Samfour 7.5 in 3/4 and full.

Only two i ever use for any discipline.........they hit anything at any distance if you put them in the right place.

I like the F-Blu....great cartridge. However the above two are the ones for me.

Last edited:
Buy yourself any Gamebore load, by far the market leaders, from the Kent velocity - cheap and effective to the black / white gold which have more world titles in sporting and FITASC than other manufactures put together

Ben,

Maybe, but what about sales figures?

Surely the best cartridge for Sporting is the one that does the actual overall amount of winning. Which is possibly a close race between Hull & Eley in the UK.

I actually don't think there is a bad cartridge out there at the moment.

Latest posts

Back