ABT - getting up to speed

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

Shot ABT at Rugby yesterday for only the second time and hit 75 ex100 (D class)

However on all four cards all the missed targets were in the first 10 to12 birds and then I straigthed the rest on every card (except for a couple more misses on card 3).

As I don't get to practice 'proper' ABT birds between comps I half expected this on the first card until I got up to speed with birds but can't explain why I started cards 2, 3 and 4 so badly.

Very frustrating :angry:

I guess shooting more regulation targets is the only way to go?

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot ABT at Rugby yesterday for only the second time and hit 75 ex100 (D class)

However on all four cards all the missed targets were in the first 10 to12 birds and then I straigthed the rest on every card (except for a couple more misses on card 3).

As I don't get to practice 'proper' ABT birds between comps I half expected this on the first card until I got up to speed with birds but can't explain why I started cards 2, 3 and 4 so badly.

Very frustrating :angry:

I guess shooting more regulation targets is the only way to go?

DT
I have always believed that shooting regulation birds is the right way to go mate, no matter whether it's ABT,DTL, UT, or OT. ;)

I am keeping very quiet after my ABT yesterday at Fareham.......in beautiful sunlight...... :oops: :oops:

I am sorry.... :cry: :cry: ....i cannot speak about it... :cry: :cry: ....one of those awful numbers for a woman :cry:

(snigger)

Dt

I would guess that its all to do with tension / apprehension at the beghning of a line. Focus only on the target and trust your technique /ability. Stay relaxed but alert. Also worth taking note of if its the same target you miss as this could indicate a flaw in stance or hold point etc.

Latest posts

Back