Dovey Valley Shooting Ground

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting Dovey Valley SG .

Wow ! What a pleasurable experience .

A VERY organised management team , beautifully manicured lawns and pathways , brilliant targets a truly eye opening experience .

It was the WCTSA Welsh Open , run for the very first time here and run to perfection.

I have not been to this ground for possibly twenty years and I do have to say it really was a pleasure to see so many smiling faces actually enjoying clayshooting, even those having an 'off day' got over it and ended up smiling .

The ground has over 60 stands so there should be something to suit people of every ability .

For the struggling Game shot wishing to brush up on their skills either before or after a day at 'The Brigands' Dovey Valley is only about 6 miles down the road from The Brigands Inn towards Machynlleth, Powys,  postcode SY20 8QJ .

Plenty of hotels , B&B at sensible prices to lure the traveller to make a weekend of it .

Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting Dovey Valley SG .

Wow ! What a pleasurable experience .

A VERY organised management team , beautifully manicured lawns and pathways , brilliant targets a truly eye opening experience .

It was the WCTSA Welsh Open , run for the very first time here and run to perfection.

I have not been to this ground for possibly twenty years and I do have to say it really was a pleasure to see so many smiling faces actually enjoying clayshooting, even those having an 'off day' got over it and ended up smiling .

The ground has over 60 stands so there should be something to suit people of every ability .

For the struggling Game shot wishing to brush up on their skills either before or after a day at 'The Brigands' Dovey Valley is only about 6 miles down the road from The Brigands Inn towards Machynlleth, Powys,  postcode SY20 8QJ .

Plenty of hotels , B&B at sensible prices to lure the traveller to make a weekend of it .
It’s been a very long time since I was there last, and it’s excellent news that they are now putting on sporting shoots again. The ground does lend itself well to present sporting targets.

For a first time outing they coped very well, the odd breakdown, mainly stand 3 which was a wicked sim pair of driven. Stand 8 was supposed to be a following pair, but was in fact a sim pair again it was a wicked pair, the other 10 stands were a good solid combination of crossers, loopers, teal etc,etc

Already looking forward to my next visit 👍👍

Latest posts

Back