Best for sporting 30” or 32”

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieTrapper

I am about to look for a new gun, I am average build, reasonable shot and shoot sporting with a 20g Silver Pigeon 30”

What would be the members opinion on changing to 32” barrels in a 20g gun?

Save your money  !  I had a 30" 20 bore game gun and now have a 32" 20 bore game gun, I find absolutely no difference in the guns performance BUT the 32" is very muzzle heavy and overall nearly 1/2lbs heavier, which seems to somewhat defeat the object. IF you still want a 32", I know where there could be one for sale  ?

I am about to look for a new gun, I am average build, reasonable shot and shoot sporting with a 20g Silver Pigeon 30”

What would be the members opinion on changing to 32” barrels in a 20g gun?
I've just gone from 32" to 30"   12 gauge      cant tell much difference really      fits in my cabinet better though !!  

Buy some external chokes or (electrical) tape some weight to the barrels and see how its feels. Generally its 50 grammes per inch on a 12 bore, so perhaps 80g at the end of a 20. I wouldn't shoot with such a Heath Robinson setup but a swing or two at home should tell you what you need to know.

Just to be clear, the additional 2 inches will make no ballistic change to the gun other than making the barrel ends 2 inches closer to the clay - if you're worried to that extent then perhaps a few jokes about 20's would be helpful.

was thinking about getting a 20 bore, so had a shoot with a 32" 725, thought it handled well, if I was to buy one it would be a contender, but then I thought why?

Back