EJ Churchill reg shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Hi,I heard from a mate who was up there yesterday, that the reg shoot entry hours tomorrow (3rd Nov) are 10-2pm. The website is out of date. I also gather that EJC are planning a winter championship, handicap style. Something like the RBSS Classic. Regards,CSC3

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like its going to be peeing down tomorrow, so going to give it a miss also out of interest the last three times ive been a trap on one stand has gone down, and the wait has been in excess of 10 minutes, i was short on time so just left it out. on one occasion they just carried on with one trap instead of what should of been a sim pair, i chose not to shoot it as it was a waste of carts, I shoot birds only so this sort of thing doesnt bother me but i guess if you were registered you would have to wait for the trap to be fixed or end up with an easy stand when others have had to shoot a tricky sim pair?

I had a very long wait there once with a trap down - I was late for my own birthday dinner.

There were a lot of no birds today! Didnt rain though.. I can forgive it any issues, as it was my first HG at a registered event!! It seemed mainly OK to me, but everybody else felt it was a toughie. There were some good shots there too. 54 entries.I had not shot for 2.5 weeks, so thought I would be rusty. Seems the break worked. Twice, I pulled the trigger before I meant to, missing a clay each time, so was very happy to find myself still a couple of shots clear at the end. Beer tonight! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Phew..CSC3 

Well shot, what was the score? didnt bother today, save the carts for sunday

Oh, sorry..Nothing published yet (so I am only 98% sure I won it!), but these are some, as far as I know: CSC3 87Julian Freeman I think was 85Fred Townsend 85Ricky Davis 81Kirk Bridges 78Keith Tarren 75 Next outing is likely Hornet 120 reg on Sunday. £35; to compete with Weston. Crazy putting on same day of course.. CSC3

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent shooting Clever - what was the turn out like? I'm interested in the logic of putting a reg shoot on, on a weekday.

shootclay admin said:

Excellent shooting Clever - what was the turn out like? I'm interested in the logic of putting a reg shoot on, on a weekday.
I was thinking that myself!

Well done CleverSC3 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif, must have been a toughie with nobody in the 90's even from a relatively small turnout.  Talking to Kevin earlier in the week he told me this Sunday's shoot is 120 birds for 100 birder money /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif, not sure I can make it but hey what a nice way to ease the pain of the rises. The midweek reg is actually quite rational if you happen not to want to or be able to shoot on a Sunday, or maybe they just don't really want reg hassle in numbers and can make tidy, more profitable numbers with regular shoots on the Sundays? 

54 entries I am told. I suspect some are non-cpsa and will not be on the scores list (like my Mrs.) Off to pub now! Cheers.CSC3

great shootingi think the midweek shoot is a great idea personaly especially as im going to try and shoot registered next year and a lot of weekends i cant make

Yep - I got it completely when it was in the evening - I was just curious how muh the numbers changed by during the day... I'm going to try and make next months. I can swing an afternoon out of the office.

Nice shooting, you Clever boy /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Thats really thrown a spanner in the works. I had decided to just shoot Windrush tomorrow then have a lazy 50 strawbaler with the 'rents on sunday instead of rushing to get to Hornet after, but 120 for a 100 money is kind of tempting............

Slightly off topic but is Valley View squaded now, Im shooting it with my brother and we need to fly round as Im due to watch my boy play football down the road, and if squaded it obviously takes a lot longer?

Last time I went (with Tonky) - they let us go round on our own... I think they only squad up if it gets really busy.

Back