which gun do i keep?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ase 90

Hi all.I have a pending problem ,i have two guns and im not sure which to shoot.one gun is a classic berretta ase and the other is the new berretta fitasc.both shoot fine but im not sure how to stick to one?

Choose 1 and stick with it. No one ever shoots 2 guns well. Whichever one you prefer for whathever reason, stick with it and get rid of the other so your not tempted.

Beware of the man with only one gun! He can normally shoot it quite well.ASE 90 is a classic gun, but only worth as much as you value it, and at the end of the day it is only worth what you can sell it for. Forget megabucks.BUT do you shoot the new gun better? Choose the one that you shoot the best with, is reliable and most importantly in a fit & functional condition. No use keeping the ASE if it becomes a money pit to keep usable.Then sell the one your not using. 

keep the one the works best, if you don't need the money keep both, if one is no use to you get shot of it, your ASE could be worth a decent price if it's in really good nik - there is a market for them especially if its 32" .Nige

When I bought my Perazzi, I sold my K80, quite cheaply. I wish I had kept it, if only because it would have risen in price!! Also, now that I am more experienced, I might also find that it would be a good tool for me.. Hindsight is blinding. I console myself that my Perazzi is a great gun and that I would only be confused if I had changed gun again. I have a mate whose gun cabinet is now rammed full. S x S, o/u, semi-autos, the lot. He shoots all the varied contents and this has seen him drop from from A to C over two years.. CSC3

Tell us a bit more about the guns and what you actually intend using them for. I have not really heard of a new Beretta Fitasc?! What action is it based on? It doesn't hurt to keep more than one gun if you don't need the pennies which I presume you don't since you bough two in the first place. Shoot the one you like and get on with and maybe keep the other one for when you fancy a change or if the other has to go for a service or something.

I get you now /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif, fixed F/F if I'm  not mistaken. The big end stuff can never be bought back for what you sell them for. Keep the bugger.

for the price of a DT Fitasc you could buy a hell of a used Perazzi or Krieghoff  !  still almost 6.5K for a DT Beretta is crazy    
snapoutofit.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's half again more than my car! I'd want a fruity female thrown in as well for that, to carry it amongst other things /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Thanks for the advice,there are no problems with the ase in fackt its just come back from a service and a complete clean up of the wood and the gun smith said its ingreat shape for a classic gun.The fitasc gun gun to fits very well and my scores are climbing,im at about 83% in sporting from 70% this time last year.But i know the ase is a far better made gun and a classic.

It's a a fact that it doesn't matter how much you pay for a new Beretta these days they are not worth the money any more. The older Beretta's made in the 1980/90s were far better quality, ask any older shooter that has had both. The DT10 is in fact a revamped ASE but is not in the same league.If it was me I'd :-Shoot the DT10.......keep the ASE.The DT10 will be worth a couple of grand in a few years.The ASE will be worth even more than it is now and more than the DT10.Hang on to the ASE, people are paying silly money for a nice one now in ten years time.......oh boy./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Thanks Robert6500.I left the dt10 in the cabinet on saterday and shot the ase at windrush ,what an other fab shoot put on by Steve.I shot an easy 80, which of course if i didnt drop 3 of my last stand would have been not bad.so the idea is to keep the ase and the dt10 fitasc will go away.Thanks for all the advice.

I wonder if Robert meant ..... use the DT10 + keep the ASE safe in the cupboard till its worth a fortune?

Latest posts

Back