Fiocchi Fblack vs Official

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeF3

I know it’s probably been asked before so sorry in advance.

I’ve  been shooting Fblacks in both 8.5 and 7.5 for a while and like them. How do the Officials compare? In the same shot sizes. 

thanks 

I’ve  been shooting Fblacks in both 8.5 and 7.5 for a while and like them. How do the Officials compare? In the same shot sizes. 

thanks 
just on my second 1000  official sporting 8s   i find them top draw  , smooth fast and comfortable  , only downside they are not cheap ,   however I'm only a average shot and shooting a m spec 3/4 full      so  not much room for error  !   

thanks 
not shot the officials. had some fblacks in 8.5 which were superb. now using fblu , which although only in 7's are brill . smooth. mega kills and sub £200/thou around here. equal to the fblack if you can live without shot size selection. (which i can) ( AA with 87% sporting average , for perspective) wouldn't look at anything else at the mo. best bang for buck around. 

Jasper.

I shot these for a long time.  Fiocchi shells are consistent and hard hitting.  I have patterned them in my guns and these are my observations of both shells.  Fiocchi, F-Blacks are very hard hitting.  They pattern very tight, however, in my MK38, my Perazzi, and my Browning 725 Pro-trap, they had a very tight centre with a raggety outside 30".  This always lead me to either a chip, or a dusted clay.  The recoil is short and snappy, IMO.  The Officials in both 7.5's and 8.5's are also very hard hitting.  However the pattern plate tells a different story.  These are a far more even pattern at any given distance in the aforementioned guns.  I went to the 8.5's as my go to competition shell for ESP, for a long time.  Recoil is progressive and smooth.  Lovely shell to shoot and those 8's break a lonnnnng way out for sure.  Both do what it says on the tin, however my preference was to shoot Officials for 95% of ESP and on long stuff, either F-black 7.5's or Golden Traps as they hold that pattern.  

I only changed as I was shooting LF and F in my Perazzi and chipping the hell out of everything.  So I moved onto ELEY.  No fault of Fiocchi.  Patterning the Perazzi with those chokes just proved that LF and F were 'Blowing' the pattern.  5/8th is the best choke in that gun.

I’m going to stick with Fblacks for a little bit longer. 

then move onto officials. 

thanks for the responses

Have shot many many thousand of both F Black and Official Trap over the last few years, both very very good, however I have now moved to the LiteSpeed due to price. They (LiteSpeed) are a tad heavier on the shoulder but a lot lighter on the pocket. Have found that all Fiocchi cartridges to be better than me, if the clay doesn’t break its not the cartridges to blame that’s for sure.

Have shot many many thousand of both F Black and Official Trap over the last few years, both very very good, however I have now moved to the LiteSpeed due to price. They (LiteSpeed) are a tad heavier on the shoulder but a lot lighter on the pocket. Have found that all Fiocchi cartridges to be better than me, if the clay doesn’t break its not the cartridges to blame that’s for sure.
Tried the Litespeed... had a few misfires but still with pin indents, 3 on one slab on one occasions, so went back to others.

Tried the Litespeed... had a few misfires but still with pin indents, 3 on one slab on one occasions, so went back to others.
I have heard that some have had misfires with the LiteSpeed, but from my own experience I have shot 4 thousand this year and not had one so for me they are still my preferred shell, and the price is a major plus 

I have heard that some have had misfires with the LiteSpeed, but from my own experience I have shot 4 thousand this year and not had one so for me they are still my preferred shell, and the price is a major plus 
I’ve tried lite speed and they don’t seem to feel like a fiocchi cartridge, punchy and very budget feeling. 

shot the fblacks again today and clouds of soot is very confidence inspiring.  I’m sticking with them, I can’t see anything better for the money.

lee

Back