New Pull

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamster

Got this months issue today and quite impressed by the steel cartridge write up, it's getting more and more interesting. There seems to be a lift in the feel of the whole mag.  There is a mention of Jamie Brightman achieving the illusive 100 straight recently, 292x300 targets in one day, that is class, just one behind George Digweed /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif.

Not opened it yet but from a personal point of view I get a bit tired of hearing a different reason each month as to why steel is sh*t.I'm with him, I don't Like the stuff but I don't feel the need to find new ever more genius reasons to avoid it! Is there another review of a brilliant gun by any chance? Just taking a stab in the dark....!Well shot Jamie, 100 straight at a reg sporting is good going in any mans books, I've been after one for years and not done it!

I know what you mean Ed, but the really interesting bit of the article is about the Bounce effect that is the reason for the sh*tness of full choke and steel. We've been told for years that steel patterns tight and so you need half max but it appears they hadn't known or bothered to tell us the reason as to why. I always had my doubts, now it all makes sense. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Ed, you little liar. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gifYou've obviously read it or have extra sensory perception (conception /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif??)You will love the letters page, and yet again a Blaser Pro promotional advertisement. Ooops sorry I meant article.News from HQ = We are getting better and next year will be brilliant, honest, don't lapse your membership, PLEASE. Oh sod you then, we will find some more newbie mugs to replace you and keep the membership static at 20,000 plus a few.Here are the fixtures for next month and thank you advertisers.THE END. 

I started reading the steel article and TBH, I lost the will to live after a few paragraphs. No doubt it's well-researched, etc, etc but just doesn't interest me at all. Yes, another excellent gun on review! Just goes to show, no one makes a bad gun anymore (or cartridge for that matter) ! I liked the Mexico '68 article though. That Braithwaite guy was obviously a top shot and good to hear of a British gold at the Olympics. Respect from me. Otherwise not really much in there, other than the fixtures for the next 2 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does make me laugh - I cannot recall a bad review for a gun... such a small market, a dozen journalists reviewing 20 guns a year - no=one is going to cut of their source of reviews.

Have not seen a bad review on here either Matt???I guess everything reviewed was perfect and wonderful? Guess all grounds are great! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

I have only been reading pull for about a year, so in fairness I find it quite interesting, but I am assuming from the above comments (generally) that it remains somewhat samey after a few years of reading. Sadly that is fairly typical of Club Magazines, and in fact of general Mainstream Magazines. I think it would be very productive if all of us who talk on these forums and to people when at grounds etc etc. voiced our feelings to the editors of the publications to tell them what we would like to read about.  What tests would be of interest, what instructional stuff would be useful to different levels of shooters. In fairness to those who plan the content of these magazines, it must be really hard to try and keep thinking of differing content. Comments welcomed :)

Predictability is the problem- Tim woodhouse will talk about how steel will bring about apocalypse, there will be a brilliant gun and or shell reviewed, mike yardley will talk about something or other and the director will pat the association on the back.On a positive note have had a score issue resolved very promptly by the crew at cpsa, who seem to do a great job despite the monkeys running the showI'll keep mine next to the can in case I run out of double velvet. Must remove the plastic cover first!

Is Pull mag free?  No it isn't , you pay for it in your membership. I wonder how many CPSA members actually think its a good thing and how many would prefer cheaper membership?

Hawkeye said:

Is Pull mag free?  No it isn't , you pay for it in your membership. I wonder how many CPSA members actually think its a good thing and how many would prefer cheaper membership?
That's a loaded question if you forgive the pun. Of course everyone would like to pay less but do you mean that if we did without the magazine our subscription could be reduced? By how much do you estimate it could be reduced? How would information be distributed to the members? Don't say internet because I know lots of people who are members who wouldn't know how to turn a computer on never mind use it!Answers in an envelope please with a £10 note -  non-refundable under any circumstances.

Westward said:

That'll be the cost of translating it into Welsh......
/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

To be honest I really don't find the magazine that good at all and as has been said the gun reviews are very predictable. Though I must say that I've shot the Blaser Pro many times and it really is absolutely superb, but then it should be at that price. But when it comes to Gun reviews all the magazines are all the same frankly.I've done gun reviews in the past and been so frustrated by not being able to say that the gun is really sh** because you won't get any more to review.They need to put more up and coming shooters in the magazines, all of them. The shooters that are trying really hard but not quite getting there maybe. Or those shooters that have no sponsorship but ruddy well should have.I know of a few really good shooters that are fabulous but can't afford to practice so they shoot competitions all the time and there must be hundreds of them out there. The problem is that they may have a difficulty with teal perhaps but they can't afford to practice the blooming things. The CPSA and all the other shooting organisations and magazines should help these gifted shooters to get some sponsorship. Every last one of them knows several people with so much money they don't know what to do with it. So tap them up. After all it's their shooting futures as well as ours.We do not want to see Photo's of George, Richard and Ben every bloo** week/month. We all know they are awesome but there's no need to keep ramming down our throats every week/month, it's boring. Besides, one of the main reasons they are awesome is because none of them have ever really been short of a penny or two.So come on you Associations/Magazines etc, step up to the mark and get some of the less well off, up and coming promising shooters of all ages some help for Christ sake, as far too many have now given it up all together and it's just not right that the well off should be the only ones to be able to shoot well. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gifRant over....for now that is. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back