Idiot with a Gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin.TD

This is the scariest example of an idiot with a gun I have seen in years, how not to do it!

Danno

Bloody hell,do you think anyone could be that dull or is it a set up!whenever i've had a misfire i,ve always pointed gun in safe direction and waited but i,ve never had one acctually go off, has anyone else?

My first thoughts were that it could possibly be a set up but difficult to tell, looks genuine there's a lot of idiots about, make a good safety training video for newcomers!

I have seen that clip a few times.... Just remember that buying a gun in the US is like going out to buy a loaf of bread, he is lucky to be alive.I am well aware that the vast majority in the UK are very safe and know what to do if you pull the trigger and it doesn't go bang; however if you don't this is the process:If you have pulled the trigger and nothing happens keep the gun in your shoulder pointing downrange or in a safe direction and call hang fire so that everyone around you is aware.Keep the gun in your shoulder for 20 seconds, if after that time it hasn't gone off then open the gun and inspect to see if the primer has been struck, if so it may be a hard primer or one that is seated low.  If you experience hang fires frequently (which in reality are now very rare) Have your gun checked by a qualified gunsmith. If you pull the trigger and get a very quiet report (bang) make sure you check the barrels are clear before re-loading.  This is straight forward with an OU just break the gun and look down the barrels.  With a Semi Auto it's a bit trickier; do not do what the idiot in the video did, make sure the bolt is locked back and the cartridge removed.  It's far safer to remove the fore-end nut and check the barrel is clear once removed from the breech end not the killing end.  Something as small as a bee or very small lizard can cause a barrel over pressure situation and failure resulting in a breech explosion!! I know I'm probably preaching to the converted but if 1 person reads this that isn't brave enough to ask for whatever reason then that's potentially an accident prevented :)  Jon.

Latest posts

Back