fibre optic bead

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brin

hello dose anyone use a fibre optic bead and if so what color and length

I changed my white bead to a red FO, not because I stare at the bead, or should I say I try not to. The the FO gives me a better awareness in my peripheral vision of where the barrels are

That's just me though others may have a different view.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I shoot without a bead

Correction... I shoot some without a bead and miss a lot 😬

Seriously though, it helped me not having a bright bead in my peripheral vision 
I just can't comprehend not seeing the bead. I find on close targets I'm even more aware of it.

As for color, I think that's going to be personal and could be affected by preferred lens tint.  

Over the last near 30yrs I think I've tried about every bead on the planet.  Even tho all of the guns now carry the small Bradley type the little red blade on the old Perazzi was the only plastic kind that didn't seem to cause more probs than solution.

JMO of course

Small red FO. Have tried others, but to me it doesn't make a difference. Nowadays (I try to) 'point' with my index finger and (try to) keep moving along the path to the kill point. If all goes well, the bead isn't a part of that that I am much aware of. When I do use the bead consciously, I usually miss behind. Which I do lots of times regardless, so can't really blame the bead. 😎

I’ve got a Browning HiViz competition  sight on one gun ( not on a browning actually but the sight comes with a number of different threaded screws to fit the old bead hole on most guns  . ). It’s a good choice as it comes with interchangeable light pipes ,  red and green optic , white solid , and two diameters of each .Plenty to go at It’s been on for years no problem with the fit . 

HiViz Comp sight, same as above as they make them for Browning, replaced the white bead on a Gureini

I don't see the bead but have a tiny FO red bead on my clay gun which definitely reduces the occasional tendency or my eye dominance to have a rethink.

Hi

I'm left eye dominant / right handed - I use a 120mm easi-hit red bead and find (along with a blurred 'spot' on my glasses over my left pupil), that I can see the red bead in my peripheral vision without it taking over!

The reason on the length is it means the left eye doesn't pick up the red bead - I used a 70mm version to begin with but I could see it through the peripheral of my leaf eye too so it was somewhat confusing.

£30 off 'the Bay' and simply stuck on. I didn't remove the fitted bead on my Browning - just stuck this behind it

For me I find it really helps tracking / lead etc.

If it doesn't work just sell it on - all it needs is a bit of decent double sided tape

just brought my first ever shotgun with a red bead optic on it and its really bugging me, going from a tiny brass stud to a bright red optic is to much for me so far.

Latest posts

Back