Biodegradable wad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aris

Game ore have come out with what I think is a new type of biodegradable wad - similar to a plastic wad, but dissolves in water.

Some company at the British shooting show had something similar, I couldn't afford to shoot at their prices.

They said the stuff would be cheaper as demand increased, but not a very good way to get people into using them in the first place

I remember a time when a DVD player cost £700. Didn’t take long before they were less than £200.

Nowadays, you can pick one up on your weekly shop for twenty-quid.

Everett Rogers 1962 book “Diffusion of Innovations” is a good theory as to the how and why a high priced item can eventually be afforded  by the masses.

When I see things like this I always wonder about the scalability of the production process.  That would seem to me to be the vital link in getting a major player interested in the thing.

I thought Eley were looking into this last year.
Yes, indeed they were and have product on the market, though still not that many stockists

When I see things like this I always wonder about the scalability of the production process.  That would seem to me to be the vital link in getting a major player interested in the thing.
Indeed. In my limited experience, three things effect the price. Rising demand, in turn the amortisation of costs over the volume manufactured, and selling for what it’s ‘worth’ over selling for cost plus fixed margin. 
I remember in economics class the price equilibrium was a simple matter of supply versus demand. Reality seems a little more complex

Yes, indeed they were and have product on the market, though still not that many stockists

Indeed. In my limited experience, three things effect the price. Rising demand, in turn the amortisation of costs over the volume manufactured, and selling for what it’s ‘worth’ over selling for cost plus fixed margin. 
I remember in economics class the price equilibrium was a simple matter of supply versus demand. Reality seems a little more complex
Check Father Guido Sarducci

the "economics" is down page a bit

https://www.templaruniversity.com/guido.html

Writing is on the wall.  We will be using steel shot soon enough, and won't be able to use plastic wads.  Something like this is the solution unless you want to bugger up your barrel.

Writing is on the wall.  We will be using steel shot soon enough, and won't be able to use plastic wads.  Something like this is the solution unless you want to bugger up your barrel.
Yes - - - and with steel it will take some robust indeed was to save the barrel and I'm not sure paper is up to that.  But ..................... who knows?

Jocker have just launched a bio wad. They are £220 / thou by us. 

Ball locks. 

I mean, I’d be interested to know more about this new paper board that doesn’t need a plastic coating, but currently “recyclable” paper coffee cups are in fact not. Well, you can tear off those corrugated outer sleeves and the plastic lid can be recycled. The cup itself however cannot. Yet how many end up in the recycling bins? 

A good friend of mine is an environmental consultant  has worked for google, Nike, PepsiCo, Walmart et.al  he talks often of companies “greenwashing” their products to make them sound socially responsible when OMG act they’re often taking a worse route and pouring out propaganda to make larger profits.

This glass recycling carbon footprint rhetoric smells a bit fishy sure, melting down glass has high carbon input due to the heat, the material however can be recycled many times with little degradation, unlike plastics  and doesn’t anyone remember the days you sued to wash out bottles and leave them for the milkman to collect and reuse? Not a huge footprint  as a kid we would take our pop bottles back to the corner shop and get a 10p refund and we’d jack ourselves up in sugary penny sweets.

Johnnie Walker are just about to start bottling their brand of Scotch in paper bottles!

Charlie beat me to it! Obviously likes a shot now and again... and again. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing new water soluble wads were in use by armusa way back in 2013 the wads are made in Spain, but they are a lot more expensive which may be why gamebore has decided to make their own.

Back