Can someone explain registered Shoots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sp1boy

Can forum members enlighten me on the Registered Shoot setup.  Are these competitions?  I believe that shooting these will enable me to biuld a classification for shooting. How does this all work alongside grounds like Northampton offering registered ESP or Sporting or DTL etc on Saturdays and Sundays.  What is the Open or telephone enmtries bit. Any information to help me to understand the whole scene would be very welcomed. Also at what level would you all consider satisfactory to be getting involved with the registered bit

Get involve as soon as possible mate you will learn faster. All you need is to be a member of the cpsa, you turn up, hand over cash and your membership number and off you go. Ground gives scores to cpsa who create annaverage for you twice a year and assign you a class. The tel entries means you need to ring up and book a time-Most other places allow you to shoot any time before last entry. Give Northampton a shot if it's close but don't bother too regularly as it's always a very samey course. If that Is close you have a great selection of shoots nearby. Good luck

I am located in South Northants on the Oxfordshire / Buckinghamshire / Warwickshire borders.What other local(ish) registered shoots would anyone recomend.I am already a CPSA Member

Hornet wont be too far from you either, its in Long Crendon just outside Thame. best bet is get yourself CPSA-ed and keep your eyes open on here for where people are shooting on any weekend. I'm sure I speak for most on here, we dont bite and would be more than happy for a meet up/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Fuzrat

Definitely the case... loads of meet-ups at the registered events... be good to meet you at any of them!

Hi Simon, Firstly getting into registered shooting is good as you will get less nervous with time and more used to it :)  What disciplines are you planning to shoot?  Always let the Ref know it's your first registered and they will do their best to help, they won't give you birds but will advise on minor infringements if any, they are on your side. The most important thing is to enjoy them, learn from them and if you shoot well below normal scores then it's not a travesty it's part of the learning curve. Also, there are 2 types of entry, birds only and full competition.  Your score gets submitted to the CPSA for both options; however going birds only will save you a few quid as you are not paying into the prize fund for the class. I was very very nervous for about the first 10 I did, but now really enjoy them :) Well I enjoyed them before just less nervous now. The only other thing I would say is see if you can get squadded with similar classifications for the first few as you won't be intimidated, then shoot with higher classification shooters as you can learn a lot by watching :)  Enjoy! Jon.

Dive in, you'll be fine. Don't bother shooting competition until you're classified though - waste of money. Shoot 3 competitions of 100 birds, wait for all the scores to be in, and ring the CPSA up for a classification. Then you can shoot competition if you want to wager your £5-6 against the others in your class! Worth reading the rules on the CPSA website too, so you're in the know with regards to no-birds, gun jamming, etc, etc.

Latest posts

Back