Risks of buying second hand chokes?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd

Just wondering about buying some used chokes from eBay.

They're around 1/2 new price starting bid. From the photos, they look like they could do with a bit of a clean. 

This concerns me and I’m wondering if these would be a sensible risk at this price or any price.

Your thoughts and opinions will be greatly appreciated as per usual.

Ask them to clean them and resend you some pictures, if they’re genuine they won’t mind. Have sold and brought loads of stuff including shooting stuff off eBay and have never had a problem, failing  that try guntrader.

Thanks @donna I read the description carefully. It read “perfect condition” 

In the photos with visible traces of lead in the bore, fragments in the notches and the anodised coloured ID ring scratched, describing them as “perfect condition” made me doubt them too much and I decided to give them a miss. I think the 1/2 sold and the 3/4 didn’t..Chris Potter Sells them at £65 and Teague flush are only £44. Just did not seem worth it in the end.

I didn’t know chokes were available on Guntrader

Last edited by a moderator:
We advertised some chokes a few months ago on EBay, within a day we had notification that they’d been withdrawn as it was to do with guns!  All chokes had been removed from the site.  We put them on Guntrader and they sold in a day and the fees were only 99p.  

You won’t go far wrong with Chris Potters either, they are our local gun shop and they’re honest and informative, you won’t get wrong advice from them, we use them all the time. 

Guntrader under equipment and then shotgun parts,  Bingo  !  Of course you could always put a wanted on here too ? 

We advertised some chokes a few months ago on EBay, within a day we had notification that they’d been withdrawn as it was to do with guns!  All chokes had been removed from the site.  We put them on Guntrader and they sold in a day and the fees were only 99p.  

You won’t go far wrong with Chris Potters either, they are our local gun shop and they’re honest and informative, you won’t get wrong advice from them, we use them all the time. 
I have in the past, bought a set of Briley chokes, all used, from Chris Potter. Excellent people to deal with.  I recently bought a choke from Malmo Guns too, so they have used chokes for sale.

Chokes should not be damaged from day to day usage and second hand chokes should generally be fine unless abused. Ebay will remove the sale as they are gun parts and that can be frustrating but it does mean they can be bought at a lower price than through a dealer. I post here with what you are looking for may not be bad idea ?.

Latest posts

Back