Isis x pad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgnmi

So I joined just to ask this question. 

Looking for feedback on the Isis Xpad for a sporting/fitasc gun

Do you prefer unhanded or Surefit?

How do you like it vs pachmeyer/kickeze/micro/factory?

Also, have any of you put an ISIS mechanical reducer on?

Thanks

Brian

So I joined just to ask this question. 

Looking for feedback on the Isis Xpad for a sporting/fitasc gun

Do you prefer unhanded or Surefit?

How do you like it vs pachmeyer/kickeze/micro/factory?

Also, have any of you put an ISIS mechanical reducer on?

Thanks

Brian
I’m a big fan of the ISIS green pads and have had several and still use now. The xpad is the same but with an extra layer of memory foam type stuff just to aid fit right at the contact I believe. I didn’t get one as it was too thick for my requirement. So, green pad highly recommended from me and I guess xpad is even better. It takes out recoil without “bounce”. 

A Kickeez is a simple lump of sorbothane which is very good at taking out felt recoil “hurt” but there are two problems with it. Firstly it is a spring, so the gun will rebound / bounce and this makes a quick second shot tricky. Secondly, sorbothane degrades in light with age and becomes softer and more springy over a few years. 

I also have the full recoil reducer on my Perazzi. It’s very good in two respects; firstly it is light so does not affect the balance of the gun after fitting. Secondly it can really reduce felt recoil. However, it comes with a range of springs which basically control how much the device compresses (which is how it takes out the felt recoil). If you fit the soft springs felt recoil is low but the device compresses noticeably which I found distracted me and almost knocked my cheek. I then ended up using the hard springs to stop the device compressing noticeably but in turn I no longer had much reduction in felt recoil. So personally, I would suggest you fit an xpad and save your money but not everybody notices the compression, so it’s personal. 

I also used to shoot a K80 super sport. Took me a while to figure out how awful it was (and again 4 years later when I borrowed it back to try) so I love marmite on toast but not when it’s a gun. The big plus for a K80 is the low felt recoil though! So if recoil is an issue with one, I would look at gun fit carefully. But a green pad will be a plus on any gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
As per Will above.

I have a full Isis recoil system on one of my guns and really like it. It allows me to shoot high volumes of serious game shells with no ill effects and I am VERY recoil sensitive. I have fairly soft springs in mine and do not notice the gun moving under compression.

I also like and use the standard X pads. I got David to shape mine to fit my stock(s).

Where is the OP then? Always glad when I write a long response giving the benefit of years of expensive experience away and they disappear or can’t be bothered to acknowledge it. 🥴
One reason I’ve often hesitated answering certain questions. 

Where is the OP then? Always glad when I write a long response giving the benefit of years of expensive experience away and they disappear or can’t be bothered to acknowledge it. 🥴

One reason I’ve often hesitated answering certain questions. 
Please do continue to give informative responses, whilst the OP sometimes disappears I find them useful and one of the best bits of the forum. I’m sure other shooters of less experience must too. 

He only joined to ask the question - as stated! Mission accomplished!

But v. poor courtesy so far re lack of response. However your insight is appreciated by a wider audience, so all is not lost!

Well he hasn't been on here since Friday by the looks, even so I would have thought he'd check the question posted Thursday and acknowledge it.

I am here. Thank you for all you responses. I really appreciate the user reviews. I am in the USA so would have to buy as a special item from recoil systems and ship. 

We have July 4th on Sat. You know, our Independence day from the tyrannical King George.

I usually fit  a summer thickness and a winter a ¼ inch less and swap out as needed

The x pad is 23 or 25 mm, depending on handed. Only the 25 mm comes in unhanded. The 23 sounds about right but I have never put on, in my case a dedicated left bias pad.

So if any of you have, I would appreciate good/bad/indifferent. All pads that i have put on in the past have been usable for either. 

Back