Blandford and Dorchester Shooting Ground

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickh

Was looking back at some of my old CPSA score records from the 1980's the other day and saw that I had shot at a couple of English Open Skeet championships at Blandford and Dorchester, which led me to wander what happened to that ground. Was it renamed, taken over or just closed?  

I was looking at some old shoots on CPSA website from my first year for posterity’s sake and the entries looked really low. When I contacted CPSA they say non members don’t show in historic results for some old tosh about privacy rules. What a shame. There are people no longer with us who have now been “erased” from those events. They haven’t removed Stirling Moss from old motor racing results I notice..

I was looking at some old shoots on CPSA website from my first year for posterity’s sake and the entries looked really low. When I contacted CPSA they say non members don’t show in historic results for some old tosh about privacy rules. What a shame. There are people no longer with us who have now been “erased” from those events. They haven’t removed Stirling Moss from old motor racing results I notice..
Sounds lazy to me. For sure GDPR isn’t the easiest of business challenges, but neither is it that hard.

I’ve looked up current members who no longer shoot registered and can’t find historical data.

In fact only last night I was looking up Mickey Rouse as he was the instructor running the corporate day I attended May last year that got me into shooting in the first place. Thankfully Mickey is still still a Veteran  AAA competitive shooter. He put on a great display of trick shots at the end of our day last year and a real down to earth gentleman he is too.

That's a real pity if historical results are being edited to just show current members, they will eventually be non existent. 

Can anyone second wynno's suggestion that B&D was the forerunner of Southern Counties?

Yes, my membership lapsed recently as I didn’t see the point in renewing something I couldn’t use whilst in lockdown and all my records disappeared. Very odd thing to do.

Latest posts

Back