Browning 525sl

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin2306

Evening

Has anyone got a 525sl that they have had for a while?

just wondering how you are finding the laminate, heavy or fine?

I have a few air rifles with laminate stocks and like the look and function.

regards

Kevin

I've had one since January a 32", it is a bit heavier than  the sporter one at 8lb 4oz and with the laminate more weight in the stock, reviews mention the checkering to be sharp but I haven't found it to be so all in all I don't think you can go far wrong with one if you don't mind the look of the woodwork also the stock is milled out for the browning balance weight system just like the pro sport 

Evening

Has anyone got a 525sl that they have had for a while?

just wondering how you are finding the laminate, heavy or fine?

I have a few air rifles with laminate stocks and like the look and function.

regards

Kevin
yes i shoot one 32"  very nice   no issues   weight 8lb 4oz  midas chokes very good  the laminate wipes down a treat  adj comb ensures good fit etc   so all in all  a decent well made gun for 2k       i tend to be a serial gun changer   but in no rush to part with this one ,  unless you make me a great offer ! 😜

I've had one since January a 32", it is a bit heavier than  the sporter one at 8lb 4oz and with the laminate more weight in the stock, reviews mention the checkering to be sharp but I haven't found it to be so all in all I don't think you can go far wrong with one if you don't mind the look of the woodwork also the stock is milled out for the browning balance weight system just like the pro sport 
I've got a 30" B525SL, and although it looks like its milled to fit the balance weight, It doesn't fit. The milled recess for the fixing tongue of the balance weight is at a different angle to the stock bolt hole. 

Apart from that I love mine. It is a weighty gun, but I'm 6ft 5ins and 18st, so that's not a problem. Had 250 clays in one session a few weeks ago with no probs (apart from my shooting skills).  The chequering is a bit sharp, and I did have problems putting it in the slip for the first few weeks, bit that seems to have eased off.

I do find that the Midas chokes pattern a bit tighter than the same size in my FILs Miroku and my cousins Benelli.  Quite happy using 1/4  chokes on a sporting layout. Never felt that I missed anything on a CPSA reg shoot due to the pattern being too spread out for the clay. Missed them purely because I missed!!

Only things I've done to mine are 1/2" recoil pad spacer, adjusted the comb, and moved the trigger to the most rearward position. On sim pairs I found I was trapping the trigger and the second shot wouldn't latch, with the trigger in the middle position. Bad drills on my part i know, but moving the trigger definitely helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate of mine has one in 30” - @b348xyx.

I’ve shot it a number of times, decent weight (I like heavier guns) with the laminate and easy to configure in terms of length, cast and stock height. Good choice first or second gun. 

Biggest peeve for me is the forend - It’s a personal thing I just don’t get on with schnabel and prefer either beavertail or english.

If I bought one I’d also go for the 32” as a dedicated sporting shot. 

but in no rush to part with this one
The affair did end rather abruptly if memory serves me well? 

Biggest peeve for me is the forend - It’s a personal thing I just don’t get on with schnabel and prefer either beavertail or english.
Same here. I don't understand why they don't just make and sell additional forend options. Might have been sorely tempted. 

I've got a 30" B525SL, and although it looks like its milled to fit the balance weight, It doesn't fit. The milled recess for the fixing tongue of the balance weight is at a different angle to the stock bolt hole. 

Apart from that I love mine. It is a weighty gun, but I'm 6ft 5ins and 18st, so that's not a problem. Had 250 clays in one session a few weeks ago with no probs (apart from my shooting skills).  The chequering is a bit sharp, and I did have problems putting it in the slip for the first few weeks, bit that seems to have eased off.

I do find that the Midas chokes pattern a bit tighter than the same size in my FILs Miroku and my cousins Benelli.  Quite happy using 1/4  chokes on a sporting layout. Never felt that I missed anything on a CPSA reg shoot due to the pattern being too spread out for the clay. Missed them purely because I missed!!

Only things I've done to mine are 1/2" recoil pad spacer, adjusted the comb, and moved the trigger to the most rearward position. On sim pairs I found I was trapping the trigger and the second shot wouldn't latch, with the trigger in the middle position. Bad drills on my part i know, but moving the trigger definitely helped.
That's interesting I have to say I didn't use the browning balance weight system I made my own from some 16mm brass but the tongue was at 90 to the stock bolt hole on mine but I only used one side 

My Browning weights don't go into the stock bolt hole, they go into their own one drilled into the back of the stock

Latest posts

Back