MedCert

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin2306

Evening everyone.

Has anyone used MedCert (successfully)  in lieu of their GP when applying for a SGC?

regards

Kevin

just for information, I emailed the firearms licensing dept regarding MedCert and they have confirmed they will not accept it, will be a right challenge getting my Health Centre to complete my form.

Kevin 

Anyone considering using Medcert should check their services will be recognised by your licensing authority before you spend any money. Some police forces will not accept reports from medical professionals that have no professional contact with the applicant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a shame that using medcert can't just be accepted UK wide.  I joined my doctors surgery when moving into a village in 2010.  I haven't used it yet.  So medcert are as relevent to me as the local doctors. 

Anyone considering using Medcert should check their services will be recognised by your licensing authority before you spend any money. Some police forces will not accept reports from medical professionals that have no professional contact with the applicant.
Does THAT not highlight the entire stupidity of this Doctors fiasco   ??

I'd like to see that challenged legally, what's the differenece, the Doctor at your practice who fills in the form may not have seen you and is just looking at your medical records

I'd like to see that challenged legally, what's the differenece, the Doctor at your practice who fills in the form may not have seen you and is just looking at your medical records
True. I’ve never met my local doctor and they issued their report in three days from me filing my application 

Agreed, each time I go to the Doctors (thankfully not very often) I see a different GP. They do not know me anymore than i know them. 

My request went in to the practise earlier, let’s see how long it takes.

referee form has been dropped off for completing too.

Kev

Late update.

Doc issued the gp form back to me within a week, they even took the trouble to ring me and see if I wanted to collect it, well impressed.

all went to the authority via registered post and we will await a development.

regards

If forces are refusing to accept information from these then that’s another reason our organisations should have taken the case to court.not in line with h.o guidance and also I would say infringement of your human rights

Last edited by a moderator:
Back