Shooting abroad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MK12

Hi all, 

A quick question on shooting (sporting mainly)n abroad. 

I'm thinking of shooting in Spain or Italy when lockdown eases. Do you have any recommendations on where to go? 

And secondly, will these countries sell the regular cartridges sold in the UK? if not, which ones would you recommend?

What discipline do you want to shoot? Oops just read the question again.

If i wanted the best sporting ground,for me it would be dornsberg in germany,beautiful area and the ground is awesome,downside is its steel only.

In Italy sporting is available in compak form at some grounds,but the Olympic disciplines are the most practiced and the southern end of lake garda is where you'll find some amazing grounds,a lot of top italian gun makers and a nice holiday,most shells we have are there.

Or find a fitasc sporting or compak comp that fits your destination and go for that or one of the other big comps going on .

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarapalo above Malaga is in a fantastic setting . Trap and their version of Compak sporting . Price per round is good , cartridges are Spanish, cheap , and go bang well enough to shoot anything  that they throw there  .  If you want to rent a gun and shoot without supervision you need one European Firearms Pass per gun rented . If you don’t have a EFP you need to book an instructor to supervise .  I shared a gun with my lad and they were OK with me supervising him  I think all up it cost me around £120 for 200 clays , a slab of 250 cartridges and gun hire . 

C1287738-7BE0-45CC-AB16-C13282584F25.jpeg

Jarapalo is a pretty gorgeous place. I was there last year and was planning to go back, but Covid-19 regulations got in the way. Instructions there were pretty good, Pepe took the time to set up a gun to fit me spot on and the shooting arrangements were really enjoyable. Google Tiro Jarapalo and you'll have no problems finding it. I was told the club has made a fortune on (previous) gambling activities, and their past wealth still shows. If the restaurant is open, you can enjoy a really decent bite too. 

Thanks Luke and Martyn, I will check both out (hopefully soon)!

Latest posts

Back