Annual Charity Shoot. N. Devon

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROBERT6500

Chris used to work for us in 2006/7 as a groundsman. He left NDSG to join the Coldstream Guards and was killed in action in Afghanistan in July 2009, aged just 20. We held our first shoot in his memory in November 2009 and we raised over £1800 for Help for Heroes and the North Devon Cadets (of which Chris was a member). As we have made this an annual event, with the kind permission of Chris' family, we held our 2nd shoot last year and raised just over £2000.This year we are hoping to have more shooters, make more money and have another fantastic day. We have had such kind and generous people helping us make this day what is has become for the last 2 years and we can't do it without your support.Here's where you guys come in - we are asking for:Shooters to come and enjoy the day! - we have a 40 bird shoot over 5 stands and entries cost £10 each and a pool shoot of 10 birds, with a separate prize fund. There are prizes for High Gun, 1st and 2nd, juniors and also a prize for ladies. Shooting starts 10am and last cards at 3pm (shooting must stop at 4pm). Plastic or fibre wad can be used.Raffle or Auction Prizes - Have you got anything you could donate for the raffle, auction or for prizes for the winners?Donations - if you can't make it on the day, you can still help!Every penny that comes in on the day will go to Help for Heroes and the North Devon Army Cadets. Cheques can be made out to either charity, I would ensure that each each charity gets exactly the same amount after the event.The event is being sponsored by The Clay Pigeon Company Limited who have very kindly donated the clays for the event for the 2nd year running.If you would like to know more, please email Jackie and Clive Warren at North Devon Shooting Ground on [email protected] or have a look on the website http://www.northdevonshootingg.....ound.co.uk

This is a fabulous cause guys so if your in the area on the day why not pop down for a few rounds ? it's only £10 a round. How cheap is that nowadays ?I'm donating a 2x hour lesson as a prize. Has anyone got anything they can give as a prize ?If you have the get in touch with the shooting ground and let them know./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifThe email address is above.

This is on the 12th November people. (always a good idea to include a date /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif) Robert - I'll get something up on the main site as well - this is a good cause, people should support. It's a long way for me to get down (looking down at my help for heroes wristband - feeling guilty!), but I'd hope people in the area can join.

Hi Robert, I cannot come but will send you a donation I also have something for the raf and auction...... but how can it be collected?will you email me on [email protected] and we can discuss.

Yeah, sorry Matt, I never noticed the date wasn't present in the post. I just nicked the post of a very good lovely, friendly lady friend of ours mate./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifYeah it is on the 12th November as you say.All donations should be sent to the North Devon Shooting Ground.You should email them first or even give them a call, lovely people. Nice little ground in a fantastic part of the country as well.      [email protected]    /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear AllCHRIS KING SHOOT SATURDAY 12TH NOVEMBERWe have had a fantastic prize donated by the Carlton Hotel in Ilfracombe for our shoot.  Claire, the Manager, has very kindly donated 2 nights bed and breakfast in a superior double room to be taken in 2012.  If you were to purchase this package from the Carlton, it would cost you £220!As this is a major donation for us, we are looking to auction this super prize off as it is far too good for a raffle prize.  I will auction the prize off at the actual event, but I am very happy for those emailed, who may not be able to make it on the day but put into an email bid, which could turn into a telephone bid on the actual day subject to interest.All you need to do is email me back stating what you are prepared to pay for the package - you can give me your starting bid and also state what is the maximum amount you would be willing to pay, should there be other bidders on the same amount.Sounds very exciting doesn't it! so, please do come back to me by the 31st October at the latest to be included in this auction.If you are unable to come on the day, don't forget to give me your telephone number!Thanks all for your supportBest wishesJackie Clive & Jackie WarrenNorth Devon Shooting GroundBickenbridge FarmMullacott CrossIlfracombeDevonEX34 8NZ Tel no. 01271 863959 (ground) or 01271 850393 (answerphone) Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday inclusive from 10am until 4pm http://www.northdevonshootingg.....ound.co.uk

Hi Robert, I really hope it's a success and well attended. Unfortunately it's a 410 mile round trip for me :)  Cheers, Jon.

Latest posts

Back