Scores before and after...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WIth tales of woe creeping out, do people feel ballsy enough to put up on here their first scores back after the long sleep compared to what they'd expect usually?? :)
Funnily enough, 100/297 on the 21st March in competition and another 100/297 almost exactly 3 months later. Points were dropped on different targets though.

The score’s reasonable but I did feel a little lazy, the kind of feeling I always have after my winter hiatus. Slow picking the target up and getting the gun to it. It’s surprising how quickly the sharpness goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
only been to lakeside with a mate    we shot ok  , just pay and clay ,  enjoyed it , we never kept score but i think i shot to my average , looking forward to 100 esp reg ! ? 

Could only do 100 practice DTL. First line, worrying about hold points, stance and couldn't concentrate properly. (Thinking how nice it was to be back.)

Line 1: 21 with a few barrels.

Line 2: 22 with 3 barrels.

Line 3: 22 with 1 barrel.

Line 4: 24 no barrels but totally missed the third from last.

Roll on next week.

The two we’ve done wouldn’t give out score cards.  Greenfields I shot ok apart from a really stupid low pink crosser, fast in a gap and I never even pulled the trigger, Owls on Thursday I shot really well! Didn’t keep a score but was middling stuff,  no hesitation, couldn’t believe it!  Only trouble I had there was the 2 rabbits, one from the right kept breaking as you went to pull the trigger.  Didn’t keep score but probably scored above my average 🤗🤗. I’m still in shock!  Will see how EJC is on Wednesday!  
I think I was making sure of feet position, hold position etc as we’d not shot for a while so that probably helped!  Something to take forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot Westfield today in about an hour and 25 minutes.   It worked very well.  You start with the 6 people socially distanced on stand 1 then move off round the course in pairs.    Odd feeling just going in to pay and use the loo but it’s a sacrifice worth making to be able to shoot.   No idea of my score.  I can say my first two stands I was atrocious 3/16, a mixture of feeling I needed to be over zealous with my 2m distancing and being rusty.  I settled down and then did better around the rest of the course even getting 6/8 on the report driven.   It did feel strange being done so quick and then going home as we are used to going on somewhere.    I enjoyed myself.  Well done Steve.   

I shot Westfield today in about an hour and 25 minutes.   It worked very well.  You start with the 6 people socially distanced on stand 1 then move off round the course in pairs.    Odd feeling just going in to pay and use the loo but it’s a sacrifice worth making to be able to shoot.   No idea of my score.  I can say my first two stands I was atrocious 3/16, a mixture of feeling I needed to be over zealous with my 2m distancing and being rusty.  I settled down and then did better around the rest of the course even getting 6/8 on the report driven.   It did feel strange being done so quick and then going home as we are used to going on somewhere.    I enjoyed myself.  Well done Steve.   
I was marking Stand 6 today, A Rabbit & a R-L Tower crosser...You were one of only 6 straights today!

Well Done!

I really struggled with all of this social distancing...........................................I was SIX FEET behind everything  !   I do not think I could 'feel' the stock in my shoulder  ?        :whistle:  

I just went to a local small shoot down the road today, took the 20 bore for a gallop out. First half was a bit hit and miss, bit inconsistent. Second half was a lot better, felt a lot more comfortable and timing was better. Always a bit tricky when on your own and no delay system but made the most of being out, only about 8 of us in 10 acre of shooting ground so plenty of social distance involved.

I now know my score was 73 which usually I would consider sad and bad 😂.  Had there been a chance to re-shoot my first 2  stands where I missed 13 I know I would have just missed some rather than nearly all so that’s fine.  I’ll take it.   I think I need to adjust my gun though, my boobs are definitely bigger than they were.  A case of too much of the type of food I don’t normally eat and too often.  

I now know my score was 73 which usually I would consider sad and bad 😂.  Had there been a chance to re-shoot my first 2  stands where I missed 13 I know I would have just missed some rather than nearly all so that’s fine.  I’ll take it.   I think I need to adjust my gun though, my boobs are definitely bigger than they were.  A case of too much of the type of food I don’t normally eat and too often.  
🤣🤣 Re your boobs getting bigger - are you sure it’s not because Tony’s at home now and they’re getting a bit more attention?  Sorry, couldn’t resist!! I know how you feel!  I’d take 73 with missing 13/16 in there.  Hope to see you soon xx 

🤣🤣 Re your boobs getting bigger - are you sure it’s not because Tony’s at home now and they’re getting a bit more attention?  Sorry, couldn’t resist!! I know how you feel!  I’d take 73 with missing 13/16 in there.  Hope to see you soon xx 
. I’ve been at work and more tired than I knew what to do with myself.   Went to Barbury today again good organisation.  

Went to Longridge this am, took middle sprog, there where a few targets so she could “have a go” at, after a couple of attempts she was breaking clays, oh the look of unbridled joy on her face, Daddy has some serious brownie points. 

EJC for us, went mid morning, not busy, went round and hardly saw anyone else.  Started with the medium targets to get some confidence then went to the skeet/sport trap layouts where it was harder.   Really good targets, I actually changed my chokes!  Normally 1/4 and 3/8, put in 3/8 bottom and half in top and munched most things up I’m pleased to say.  Only missed some where the cards stating where targets coming from were misleading. 

Ground looks good, lots of hard work going on, some nice new stands, compact layouts, etc.  Was nice to shoot some different targets as a lot of the stands had 3 or 4 targets on each one so we just picked a few different sequences.  Great bunny on one of the skeet layouts, at least 60 yards!  

Great bunny on one of the skeet layouts, at least 60 yards!  
They often put a long rabbit on on the next row of stands up from the skeet ones (track at the top end of the bigger car park if that makes sense).  It's often deceptive, less lead than you might immediately think.

I have just seen that Coley's (my local ground) opens today for pre-booked practice.

I shot my best ever scores just before lockdown -  so it will be interesting to see how things have changed over the interim period.

I will report back; if it isn't too humiliating...…..

CPSA website is updated to current rolling averages now. Mine is the highest it’s ever been, just in time for me to start up rusty and wreck it. Although I don’t know when registered shoots will get going again..

Latest posts

Back