mr winser

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

apparently mark winser has suffered a nasty accident ,   he wont be shooting for some time !!    get well soon  , great  competitor and all round good egg ,  ! 

Yes it looks like a horrendous injury if the picture on FB was anything to go by, but thankfully he’s a fit young man with real willpower so should make a good recovery as long as he gives things a complete rest. 

Just seen the xray pictures and it looks a nasty break, he will bounce back but  it will just take time  In speedway this is a regular occurance, I remember Martin dugard riding in a British championship with his collar bone plated the same way the pain he looked in trying  to get the leathers on is something I won't forget 

Just seen the xray pictures and it looks a nasty break, he will bounce back but  it will just take time  In speedway this is a regular occurance, I remember Martin dugard riding in a British championship with his collar bone plated the same way the pain he looked in trying  to get the leathers on is something I won't forget 
Pfft! Jorge Lorenzo wrestled a 240 hp Yamaha moto gp bike to a 5th place finish 36 hrs after he broke his collarbone into three pieces during practice for the Dutch TT at Assen in 2013 rubbed him down with a damp rag and he was good to go  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Lorenzo , no doubt had a session in Dr Costa’s Clinica Mobile . He’d have been pumped up to the eyeballs with cocktails of painkillers that would fell a race horse,   and then treated to the medical resources that a zillion euros of TV advertising revenue demands .  I’m not decrying the achievement  , bike racers are as hard as hell .  Troy Baylis had a very nasty off at Valencia in WSBK , ground a finger to the bone and walloped his cojones big style .  He needed to source a cricket box to even sit on the bike . Impossible in Spain , luckily Jamie Whittam flying to commentate for Eurosport was able to bring one out from Yorkshire 😂 

Mr Lorenzo , no doubt had a session in Dr Costa’s Clinica Mobile . He’d have been pumped up to the eyeballs with cocktails of painkillers that would fell a race horse,   and then treated to the medical resources that a zillion euros of TV advertising revenue demands .  I’m not decrying the achievement  , bike racers are as hard as hell .  Troy Baylis had a very nasty off at Valencia in WSBK , ground a finger to the bone and walloped his cojones big style .  He needed to source a cricket box to even sit on the bike . Impossible in Spain , luckily Jamie Whittam flying to commentate for Eurosport was able to bring one out from Yorkshire 😂 
and may well pay for it in later life

I remember watching Troy Baylis doing that. Quite incredible.

However, it is a little known ‘fact* that motorcycle riders are mentally deficient. In fact* the percentage of mental deficiency directly correlates to each mile per hour over 70mph that riders are willing to ride. 

So a rider who will take their bike up to 100mph is in fact* 30% mentally deficient. A rider who does 160mph is 90% mentally deficient.

A good friend^ of mine; former privateer BSB, Enduro and one time MotoGP rider from the early 1990’S is in fact* at least 130% mentally deficient 

*D J Trump “facts”

^He's actually extraordinarily clever

I have been of the opinion for some time now that GP riders are actually aliens from another planet where they have been bred with an enhanced nervous system that allows them to exist simultaneously in the shared present and between 5 and 10 microseconds into the future.  I'm not sure how else one could control a MotoGP thing w/out that look into the future.  I know how reacting in real time works and that just doesn't make it.  Don't ask me how I know that

Reactions: ips
What happened? Motorbikes are BAD news, I used to race as a younger man until a friend lost his leg and the following week another friend lost a foot, time to get out before the inevitable happened..  The WSB and top drawer guys are insane, I met Guy Martin once, lovely fella but a clinical nutcase...

I broke my back racing and a few years ago a shooter who was a top junior in the his younger days,and had now started racing , had a big off and the next year i went to watch him and he had that look of i dont want this! He said to me did you want to go again after a big crash and i said if i could ide put those leathers on and take you're bike now.He stoped racing not long after.

A bloke i raced with ended up doing many years in the tt and i asked him about it looking like warp speed going through those shadows on the road and he said no it feels slow once your used to it.

saying the top boys have something missing is wrong though i think!When everything is perfect and your in a flow its like a out of body experience and ill bet the top racers feel that most of the time but as club racer it only happened sometimes and as for pain ,i never felt any when the flag dropped.

Thing about the top moto gp racers today is the safety of the sport has become so good it is very unusual for competitors to get really bad injuries these days. I am not in anyway diminishing the danger they face but it is not unusual to see these moto gp boys step off at speeds in excess of 150 kph and get up dust themselves off and get back for the second bike! The TT on the other hand is very dangerous and a high speed off there is going to have consequences ... yet some do walk away and other after good treatment to repair them are back racing again!

I remember watching Troy Baylis doing that. Quite incredible.

However, it is a little known ‘fact* that motorcycle riders are mentally deficient. In fact* the percentage of mental deficiency directly correlates to each mile per hour over 70mph that riders are willing to ride. 

So a rider who will take their bike up to 100mph is in fact* 30% mentally deficient. A rider who does 160mph is 90% mentally deficient.

A good friend^ of mine; former privateer BSB, Enduro and one time MotoGP rider from the early 1990’S is in fact* at least 130% mentally deficient 
It was some years ago now that I finally came to the conclusion that I was just simply tooo stoopid to have a motorcycle.  The truth of that is  that on several occasions I gave some serious thot to ignoring the conclusion and getting another anyway.  I still look at the things and wish .......................

It was some years ago now that I finally came to the conclusion that I was just simply tooo stoopid to have a motorcycle.  The truth of that is  that on several occasions I gave some serious thot to ignoring the conclusion and getting another anyway.  I still look at the things and wish .......................
Had the very same epiphany myself in my early twenties. Oh what I would give for a Moto Guzzi V7 and a dose of courage to handle the outrageous 52 horsepower 

Thing about the top moto gp racers today is the safety of the sport has become so good it is very unusual for competitors to get really bad injuries these days. I am not in anyway diminishing the danger they face but it is not unusual to see these moto gp boys step off at speeds in excess of 150 kph and get up dust themselves off and get back for the second bike! The TT on the other hand is very dangerous and a high speed off there is going to have consequences ... yet some do walk away and other after good treatment to repair them are back racing again!
The run off areas, or should that be skid off, have helped no end to reduce the life threatening injuries of past, but still a highly dangerous sport. As you say the TT is another league in courage, it's not so much how many accidents but how many lives lost nowadays

Back to Mark Winser  ! 

As much as we all like bikes (I sold mine 2 years ago after a syncope,  a 170 mph missile and a geriatric who’d  blacked out aren’t a good combination )  . I’ll put the thread back on track .

I had a chat with him over a coffee one morning last year,  after he’d been roe stalking with a mutual friend . He came across as a very nice guy , totally unassuming . He’s just the sort of ambassador shooting needs  . I wish him well in his recovery and hope he get back to top form quickly . 

Back to Mark Winser  ! 

As much as we all like bikes (I sold mine 2 years ago after a syncope,  a 170 mph missile and a geriatric who’d  blacked out aren’t a good combination )  . I’ll put the thread back on track .

I had a chat with him over a coffee one morning last year,  after he’d been roe stalking with a mutual friend . He came across as a very nice guy , totally unassuming . He’s just the sort of ambassador shooting needs  . I wish him well in his recovery and hope he get back to top form quickly . 
thanks for that  i will take my leathers off and chill back on track     😬

Sad to see this - I had a few lessons with Mark last year and he's a really nice guy. Very much into the body and it's mechanics so I can only assume this is something he'll go full throttle at in terms of an appropriate recovery plan. I've had several surgeries including a shoulder repair (still bothers me now) so I hope he'll be able to return to previous form. 

Latest posts

Back