Cartridge pockets

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieTrapper

I have just received a shooting vest and have a question. It has double pockets on each side, I can get 25 cartridges in one pocket but not 50 in both. Why double pockets and what do members use each for. I have noticed lots of competition shooters seem to have this type of vest, am I missing something?

I always thought its for putting your spent cartridges in if reloading or no bins handy, that's what I use mine for

It’s to put different shot size cartridges in for the odd stand that might benefit from a 7 for an edge on rangy rabbit. 

Why double pockets and what do members use each for.
Other things than cartridges mostly, so I don't have to find tidbits under whatever of amount of shells.

I think my in my vest I can just about cram 75 shells divided between the left and right pockets. A break every fifty or so rounds doesn't isn't usually unwelcome, but if you really want to carry hundreds extra about, try a small cartridge bag. Alternatively you could wear an apron-style bag-belt (Decathlon sells a decent one) in addition to your vest so you'd have four more pockets to stuff.

It’s to put different shot size cartridges in for the odd stand that might benefit from a 7 for an edge on rangy rabbit. 
and for different 1st/2nd barrel loads for some other games.  Works for me at any rate.  I usually put 5 of whatever is on the left side in the smaller for the two pockets so I don't have to count targets and can just shoot until that five are gone since I found that counting to 5 can sometimes be a problem for the aging brain.   :thumbsu:

Last edited by a moderator:
and for different 1st/2nd barrel loads for some other games.  Works for me at any rate.  I usually put 5 of whatever is on the left side in the smaller for the two pockets so I don't have to count targets and can just shoot until that five are gone since I found that counting to 5 can sometimes be a problem for the aging brain.   :thumbsu:
This is why I never wear gloves. More fingers free for counting broken clays.I wonder if that’s why certain competitors wear sandals? 🤔

I even keep a couple of 32 gram 7's in the inside left shoulder pocket, the one designed to put them orrible gel pad things in  !    🙄

Latest posts

Back