Italian overdesign

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look at the new frankenvest from Castellani. Ridiculous price too. And that one t shirt sleeve is going to be really useful in areas with seasons. What were the thinking???

https://www.castellani.eu/it/tk-pro-p-alcantara.html

Lars
Seems pricey but it does come with a pair of shoes. The left one is a blue furry walking boot, while the right is a red ballet shoe.

Last edited by a moderator:
As with Golf/Target shooting and just as likely Clays, someone will buy it because the top sponsored ones are wearing it.

Regardless of it making not a jot of difference too their shooting, it's a mind thing ya know 😁

Last edited by a moderator:
As with Golf/Target shooting and just as likely Clays, someone will buy it because the top sponsored ones are wearing it.

Regardless of it making not a jot of difference too their shooting, it's a mind thing ya know 😁
Not saying I would buy one BUT it is wrong to say it will make not a jot of difference to shooting. If you are more comfortable wearing a certain fit of vest then you will be able to concentrate better on the job of breaking clays... you are absolutely right is is a mind thing and if you can get more of your mind working on seeing and then breaking the target so much the better. I made a mistake when I changed from Randolph XLW to Falcon shooting glasses nothing to do with optics they are fine but the XLW were more comfortable but I am going to persevere as I cannot justify spending more on glasses at this point in time .

I made a mistake when I changed from Randolph XLW to Falcon shooting glasses nothing to do with optics they are fine but the XLW were more comfortable but I am going to persevere as I cannot justify spending more on glasses at this point in time .
a slave to fashion   :bow:    :lolu:

Wow, €340 for a shooting shirt, have they lost the plot or what. For that amount of cash I’d expect it to have built in radar to tell me when to pull the trigger 🤑🤑🤑🤑

And that one t shirt sleeve is going to be really useful in areas with seasons. What were the thinking???
For the price, they could have included two sleeves. A combination of short and vest might even be a good idea (no particular need or want in my case, but nonetheless) but only the one sleeve makes it weird and possibly uncomfortable in wearing the "snug fit" over another shirt that likely does have two sleeves. But hey, at least they haven't given up on designing new products while the shooting world is mostly on its arse. 

Take a look at the new frankenvest from Castellani. Ridiculous price too. And that one t shirt sleeve is going to be really useful in areas with seasons. What were the thinking???

https://www.castellani.eu/it/tk-pro-p-alcantara.html

Lars
Clearly you are not understanding why they have one side with a sleeve... it is not rocket science and actually a good idea ! ... bt nothing to do with the weather or season.

Please explain why it only has one sleeve ?

What ever the reason would it be twice as good with two sleeves ?

Clearly you are not understanding why they have one side with a sleeve... it is not rocket science and actually a good idea ! ... bt nothing to do with the weather or season.
I get the snug fit. And the idea is briliant in a climate where you have no seasons. But here in scandinavia where we shoot in between subzero and very windy weather to hot ( all relative in Denmark ) which might be up to 30 celcius and no wind. Then I’d need several of these.  25 minutes on the line without some sort of warm clothing would not be a good experience. If they want to go down that route, snug fitting t shirt with the alacantra and a shooting apron would do the job. 

Lars

I can only assume the sleeve helps keep the shoulder fabric in tight with no wrinkles etc.

H91 is spot on - The second sleeve comes with the base layer you have buy separately 💰

I have sent them my design for a clay shooting onesie. It has one leg and a sideways zip for those sit down toilet trips - a nice feature is the orientation of the zip is different if you are left handed. The cartridge pockets are on the inside of the legs so as not to ruin the shooters silhouette and it comes in many colours - again allowing for a variety of orientations.

It will make you shoot better. I promise. I really really do promise.

If they reject the idea - and I can't see why they would - I will try clown funding or whatever it's called.

I get the snug fit. And the idea is briliant in a climate where you have no seasons. But here in scandinavia where we shoot in between subzero and very windy weather to hot ( all relative in Denmark ) which might be up to 30 celcius and no wind. Then I’d need several of these.  25 minutes on the line without some sort of warm clothing would not be a good experience. If they want to go down that route, snug fitting t shirt with the alacantra and a shooting apron would do the job. 

Lars

Clearly this garment is not high on your agenda. Italy is a land where style and function are very important and they will be seen there no doubt. However lets be honest here shooting is a sport where serious competitors will spend €250+ for a thousand cartridges €340 for a shooting vest is peanuts really ... no I am not buying one :lol:

The problem  is , just like cycling gear , it was designed with a muscular young professional athlete in mind . The reality is it will be bought by a bloated middle aged chaps with more cash than sense   .  I look forward to seeing it on blokes with a 48” waist utilising the free left shoulder to load 4 sugars into their polystyrene mug., The right sleeve obviously will prevent grease burns from the double quarter pounder as it’s served from the caravan window of the local farm shoot ! 

Back