Jump to content
LarsJ

Italian overdesign

Recommended Posts

LarsJ

Take a look at the new frankenvest from Castellani. Ridiculous price too. And that one t shirt sleeve is going to be really useful in areas with seasons. What were the thinking???

https://www.castellani.eu/it/tk-pro-p-alcantara.html

 

Lars

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland
7 hours ago, LarsJ said:

Take a look at the new frankenvest from Castellani. Ridiculous price too. And that one t shirt sleeve is going to be really useful in areas with seasons. What were the thinking???

https://www.castellani.eu/it/tk-pro-p-alcantara.html

 

Lars

Seems pricey but it does come with a pair of shoes. The left one is a blue furry walking boot, while the right is a red ballet shoe.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wonko the Sane

Do you think the shoes will be available separately?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ColinD
Posted (edited)

As with Golf/Target shooting and just as likely Clays, someone will buy it because the top sponsored ones are wearing it.

Regardless of it making not a jot of difference too their shooting, it's a mind thing ya know 😁

Edited by ColinD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwpzx9r
14 minutes ago, ColinD said:

As with Golf/Target shooting and just as likely Clays, someone will buy it because the top sponsored ones are wearing it.

Regardless of it making not a jot of difference too their shooting, it's a mind thing ya know 😁

Not saying I would buy one BUT it is wrong to say it will make not a jot of difference to shooting. If you are more comfortable wearing a certain fit of vest then you will be able to concentrate better on the job of breaking clays... you are absolutely right is is a mind thing and if you can get more of your mind working on seeing and then breaking the target so much the better. I made a mistake when I changed from Randolph XLW to Falcon shooting glasses nothing to do with optics they are fine but the XLW were more comfortable but I am going to persevere as I cannot justify spending more on glasses at this point in time .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wonko the Sane
9 hours ago, jwpzx9r said:

I made a mistake when I changed from Randolph XLW to Falcon shooting glasses nothing to do with optics they are fine but the XLW were more comfortable but I am going to persevere as I cannot justify spending more on glasses at this point in time .

a slave to fashion  :bow:  :lolu:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wynno

Wow, €340 for a shooting shirt, have they lost the plot or what. For that amount of cash I’d expect it to have built in radar to tell me when to pull the trigger 🤑🤑🤑🤑

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
b725black

no England flag option so won't be buying one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke_(NL)
On 5/5/2020 at 9:39 AM, LarsJ said:

 And that one t shirt sleeve is going to be really useful in areas with seasons. What were the thinking???

For the price, they could have included two sleeves. A combination of short and vest might even be a good idea (no particular need or want in my case, but nonetheless) but only the one sleeve makes it weird and possibly uncomfortable in wearing the "snug fit" over another shirt that likely does have two sleeves. But hey, at least they haven't given up on designing new products while the shooting world is mostly on its arse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thebigH91

surely now they can market a one sleeved under vest, Italian design don't ya know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwpzx9r
On 5/5/2020 at 9:39 AM, LarsJ said:

Take a look at the new frankenvest from Castellani. Ridiculous price too. And that one t shirt sleeve is going to be really useful in areas with seasons. What were the thinking???

https://www.castellani.eu/it/tk-pro-p-alcantara.html

 

Lars

Clearly you are not understanding why they have one side with a sleeve... it is not rocket science and actually a good idea ! ... bt nothing to do with the weather or season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salopian

Please explain why it only has one sleeve ?

What ever the reason would it be twice as good with two sleeves ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LarsJ
56 minutes ago, jwpzx9r said:

Clearly you are not understanding why they have one side with a sleeve... it is not rocket science and actually a good idea ! ... bt nothing to do with the weather or season.

I get the snug fit. And the idea is briliant in a climate where you have no seasons. But here in scandinavia where we shoot in between subzero and very windy weather to hot ( all relative in Denmark ) which might be up to 30 celcius and no wind. Then I’d need several of these.  25 minutes on the line without some sort of warm clothing would not be a good experience. If they want to go down that route, snug fitting t shirt with the alacantra and a shooting apron would do the job. 
 

Lars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freddypip

I can only assume the sleeve helps keep the shoulder fabric in tight with no wrinkles etc.

H91 is spot on - The second sleeve comes with the base layer you have buy separately 💰

I have sent them my design for a clay shooting onesie. It has one leg and a sideways zip for those sit down toilet trips - a nice feature is the orientation of the zip is different if you are left handed. The cartridge pockets are on the inside of the legs so as not to ruin the shooters silhouette and it comes in many colours - again allowing for a variety of orientations.

It will make you shoot better. I promise. I really really do promise.

If they reject the idea - and I can't see why they would - I will try clown funding or whatever it's called.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bebo
1 hour ago, Freddypip said:

I have sent them my design for a clay shooting onesie.

image.png.f7db8bbca5a9a9bf0b3bcb129c60ce82.png

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwpzx9r
2 hours ago, LarsJ said:

I get the snug fit. And the idea is briliant in a climate where you have no seasons. But here in scandinavia where we shoot in between subzero and very windy weather to hot ( all relative in Denmark ) which might be up to 30 celcius and no wind. Then I’d need several of these.  25 minutes on the line without some sort of warm clothing would not be a good experience. If they want to go down that route, snug fitting t shirt with the alacantra and a shooting apron would do the job. 
 

Lars

 

Clearly this garment is not high on your agenda. Italy is a land where style and function are very important and they will be seen there no doubt. However lets be honest here shooting is a sport where serious competitors will spend €250+ for a thousand cartridges €340 for a shooting vest is peanuts really ... no I am not buying one:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wonko the Sane

I dunno, John.  It would be quite stylish with the glasses ! ! !   :thumbsu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Spavo

It looks dogsh1t. Shall we move on? 😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MartynB

The problem  is , just like cycling gear , it was designed with a muscular young professional athlete in mind . The reality is it will be bought by a bloated middle aged chaps with more cash than sense   .  I look forward to seeing it on blokes with a 48” waist utilising the free left shoulder to load 4 sugars into their polystyrene mug., The right sleeve obviously will prevent grease burns from the double quarter pounder as it’s served from the caravan window of the local farm shoot ! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wynno
1 hour ago, MartynB said:

The problem  is , just like cycling gear , it was designed with a muscular young professional athlete in mind . The reality is it will be bought by a bloated middle aged chaps with more cash than sense   .  I look forward to seeing it on blokes with a 48” waist utilising the free left shoulder to load 4 sugars into their polystyrene mug., The right sleeve obviously will prevent grease burns from the double quarter pounder as it’s served from the caravan window of the local farm shoot ! 

That’s the majority of the male shooting fraternity....... harsh but close to the truth 😱😱😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woody

I like to have the smallest amount of fabric over my shoulder when i shoot, but if i wore something with that fit I'd look like 20lb of shoite in a 10lb bag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ColinD

Lets face it their probably targeting the younger shooters, not us middle aged and above ones wearing stretch fabrics for all the wrong reasons

Smallbore target shooting has been like this for quite a few years now.

Gone are the thick woolly jumpers worn under the shooting jacket, compression base layers/sweat absorbing mid layers to wick the sweat away,too where I've never really understood 🙄 😄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wonko the Sane

One of the secrets of the top shooters is the means to access the alternate universe where the sweat is dumped into a neutron star.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ips

I like it.......i will get me coat 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lloyd
On 5/7/2020 at 8:58 PM, ips said:

I like it.......i will get me coat 🤣

Your quips always make me laugh.

I still laugh at “hang on lads, I’ve run out of popcorn”

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...