Head size on Cæsar Guerini

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarsJ

Could some one please enlighten me on the head size for the screws that hold the recoil pad on a summit impact ( guess they are probably the same on all their guns for logistics reasons).  Is it Phillips or Pozidrive and what size.? Just so I don't do the classic ( ruining the tool or the screw head)

And also the size of the stock tool ( assume it's a 5 hex, but how long is it?)

Lars

Could some one please enlighten me on the head size for the screws that hold the recoil pad on a summit impact ( guess they are probably the same on all their guns for logistics reasons).  Is it Phillips or Pozidrive and what size.? Just so I don't do the classic ( ruining the tool or the screw head)

And also the size of the stock tool ( assume it's a 5 hex, but how long is it?)

Lars
Screws i would think depended on the gun i have had both posidrive and phillips so have a selection.

Older English guns require turnscrews in general.

How long is the stock allen key...i bought a 300mm t handled from one from ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bondhus-Hexagon-Hex-Allen-Key-T-Handle-XL-300mm-12-Extra-Long-3mm-4mm-5mm-8mm/143225910937?hash=item2158edf699:m:mTF6k9SB_jzM2TWQ4buRcag

Funnily enoughover the years my gun cleaning/maintenance kit has grown from a small box to a 60L storage container😁

A case of if it feels right it probably is as most of the time rubber closes over stock screws

Not very scientific i know but our rsident scientist will probably pop along soon and give you the exact formula to work it out with a several page thesis.

I have plenty of tools. Way to many actually ( It comes with tinkering on motorbikes and building my own bicycles). It's just a matter of me picking the right tool for the job. And I don't have a long hex key in size 5, so I'll probably go down the same route as you. 

I have plenty of tools. Way to many actually ( It comes with tinkering on motorbikes and building my own bicycles). It's just a matter of me picking the right tool for the job. And I don't have a long hex key in size 5, so I'll probably go down the same route as you. 
My actual toolbox i have several is much larger,i have found as i accumulate due to various mechanical jobs that i know seem to have seperate boxes for various jobs.

Bit of a tool hoarder!

Recoil pad screws on my Summit 2019 year (wood screws) are Phillips PH1

Remember to keep pressure downward on the screwdrive to ensure it stays tight on the screwhead and alternate between the two screws as you undo, as it will lift the pad at a angle otherwise. Grease the screwdriver head as it binds on the rubber recoil pad,

Sorry if I sound like I'm telling you how to suck eggs as the saying go's, as you probably know all this

Back