Southern Grounds

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeMeMe

Can anyone help with this one? Down in the South for a meeting next Thursday morning with the team - could head out clay shooting in the afternoon with a couple of experienced shots (licenses etc etc). We're meeting to the south west of Southampton, South of Lyndhurst. Looking at the Directory the most likely ground seems to be Owls Lodge Shooting School but I'd appreciate any other options and any views on this ground as obviously I've not been there! Thanks for taking the time to read.

What about Southern Counties - thats down that way as well? Always gets good write ups...

Never been to Owls Lodge but have heard some great reports, being owned by an olympic gold medal shooter you would think it would be ok! Wylye is only 30 odd miles up the road too, and IIRC they are open for practice Thursdays. Sure Robbo or Ian/Wylye on here can confirm. Fuzrat

Southern Counties is about 90 minutes - so could do it but would only be there and ready to shoot at 4. I like the idea of Wylye - especially with the support that they've given to Shoot Clay this weekend. If Ian reads this then (assuming I can get my colleagues to agree) is there any chance of someone scoring/button pushing for us on a 100 sporting and a flush ? And what would costs be (we'll supply our own cartridges) - appreciate I'd be paying for the scorer too but like to have someone that knows the layout! 3 of us are license holders - 1 isn't. Not sure if he'll want to shoot, if he does is it an issue? I'll P.M. this to you if you don't see it :) /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

MeMeMe said:

I don't have permission to send PM's so hope Ian read's...
It's not that You don't have permission to send PM's on Shoot Clay -- there is a no PM policy here as we would like any that has to be said either said in public or discussed elsewhere ./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Nigel

I'm up there on Thursday and would be only too happy to help in any way.Press buttons/coach etc. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif But give Ian a ring.

I've dropped you an email - thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.Thanks Robert - I've asked Ian for someone so will leave it up to him to arrange? :) Look forward to it.

I'll look forward to it as well.Even if I'm busy coaching, please come and say hello./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Latest posts

Back