Clay shooting in spain

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRINITY

Hi everyone

I spend quite a bit of time out in Spain. I would like to know if anyone knows of a clay ground in the alicante/Costa blanc region.

Don't take my gun over so would also need to hire at the ground.

Thanks

Can’t help with that region , but if you want to rent a gun in Spain and use it unsupervised I’m pretty sure you have to have an acceptable license to meet local regulations  . When I rented one at a place  above Malaga , they only accepted the European Firearms Pass , not a UK SGC  . If someone recommends a ground email that ground and ask what the rules are so you can go prepared . Back to Malaga , I had my lad with me , they operated a one gun to one permit rental , but were happy for me to supervise him and share the gun .  They did offer caddied rounds with an instructor if you didn’t have an EFP. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a near five hour drive from Alicante, but the Jarapalo club near Torremolinos is both gorgeous and outstanding. (Google Tiro de Plato Jarapalo and have a looksee)

While I was there I booked a day of instructions after talking to Pepe Sanchez (I asked around, rang them up and was invited over straight away) and he brought a gun which he adusted on the spot to my needs. Had a great day and wasn't too pricey either. Next time round I'll bring my own gun (and some fellow shooters) and make arrangements accordingly. Pepe talks to the customs/police people at the airport beforehand if you ask him too, which saves you having to answer too many questions in Spanish, as they'll know who you are, what you are bringing and why. I have a European pass so should be fine either way, but expediting the process of clearing customs is preferable. They also let you store the gun in lockers at the club while you are there, I believe- but do check their opening hours in order to pick up your gun prior to depature. I got a lesson there on a day the place was officially closed, but because of it Pepe was able to help two Brits to their guns and send them on their merry way. Otherwise, either no plane or no gun...    

It was Jarapalo that we shot at 👍 It’s a nice set up but only one layout was being used as a 5 stand / Sport Trap , as it’s mainly a Trap shooting club ( the sport trap was actually set up on a live pigeon layout judging by the barrier fence and handicap distance lines )  .  The rental gun we got was a Guerni trap gun . I think it cost me around €130 euros for the gun hire 225 clays and 250 shells .  .  The staff were great , helpful , polite , showed us how to load credits onto the trap system , and then let us get on and play 

The drive back down the mountains to Estepona      Where we were staying was awesome .

However as lovely as it is I would not make a 10 hour round trip to shoot there 

Latest posts

Back