earmor 31

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be the 20th time I’ve said this on here, but get a pair of MSA Sordin headphones with gel inserts. Low pressure on the ears, 400 hour battery life, great sound, comfortable and a good shape for not hitting the stock, especially if you wear the buttons on stock side as I do. Yes they aren't cheap to buy but I've been using mine 120 times a year since 2007 and they are still perfect. That's about 10p per wear so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO 2 best options are either MSA Sordins or Peltor Comtac, both with the gel cup option - I have the Comtacs, but I have experience of the MSAs as well and both are comfortable to wear all day with glasses and the sound quality through them both is excellent.

However I know some people dont like cans at all, so they certainly dont suit everyone.

IMHO 2 best options are either MSA Sordins or Peltor Comtac, both with the gel cup option - I have the Comtacs, but I have experience of the MSAs as well and both are comfortable to wear all day with glasses and the sound quality through them both is excellent.

However I know some people dont like cans at all, so they certainly dont suit everyone.
Do you mean the Sportac Peltor's as the Comtac make the Sordins look a bargin, and I thought they were expensive, but admittedly very good.

Seems a lot of stuff on the Comtacs you don't need for clay shooting

Do you mean the Sportac Peltor's as the Comtac make the Sordins look a bargin, and I thought they were expensive, but admittedly very good.

Seems a lot of stuff on the Comtacs you don't need for clay shooting
I mean the Comtac XP, or XPIs (without mic or downlead), and yes they make the MSA's look cheap.  I was lucky and got a second hand pair a lot cheaper (just shy of the price of some brand new Sordins) and just added the gel cups.  I have never used the Sportacs so cant really comment, but I would assume they are a pretty robust choice.

The main reason I highlight these two brands is the clarity and quality of both the active audio and how reactive the shut off is, I also 100% trust both brands having used a lot.  I have directly compared the 3Ms to Earmors and Howard Leights and they outperform in every aspect, on a windy day my dads HLs just stay cut off so they are no better than passive cans, but the Peltors work fine.

I agree with you that the Comtacs are on the expensive side new, and you certainly wouldn't want to look at Comtac IIs or Comtac IVs as they are eye wateringly expensive (upwards of £500) and have lots of features you don't need for clay shooting (unless of course you plan on running 2 sets of 2 way radios while out on the ground :)  ).

Been swayed towards a pair of Sordins, have fitted earplugs non electronic and they do the job well enough, but fed up with having to pull one out when anybody is talking then trying to get it back in before anyone takes a shot.

The electronic fitted plugs are way to expensive to buy, also within 5yrs you'll be looking at another pair due to ear growth and with some annual servicing I believe.With 5yrs guarantee

on the Sordins and no worry there, I'll put up with sweaty ears and if it's too hot just put the plugs back in and be anti social for a day 😄

Been swayed towards a pair of Sordins, have fitted earplugs non electronic and they do the job well enough, but fed up with having to pull one out when anybody is talking then trying to get it back in before anyone takes a shot.

The electronic fitted plugs are way to expensive to buy, also within 5yrs you'll be looking at another pair due to ear growth and with some annual servicing I believe.With 5yrs guarantee

on the Sordins and no worry there, I'll put up with sweaty ears and if it's too hot just put the plugs back in and be anti social for a day 😄
I bought a pair of passive CENS recently but just can’t get on with them. Apart from missing the electronic hearing benefits the gun sounds so loud, especially with Sportrap (shooter next to me is deafening). 

Looks like they either didn't get the impressions right or when they made them. Had some Vario's they didn't live up to my expectations, best ones so far have been Custom fit guards when they did the impressions at the British shooting show before covid

Looks like they either didn't get the impressions right or when they made them. Had some Vario's they didn't live up to my expectations, best ones so far have been Custom fit guards when they did the impressions at the British shooting show before covid
They fit well. I’ve had two other makes in the past so know what they should be like.  I get that numb feeling and they deaden the noise through the ear, but muffs cover an area around the ear which also picks up sound. I’m just a big muff fan. Fnarr..

Anyone used Starkey headsets and was the service ok

Just I ordered a set Sunday 2/3 days delivery.Only had order confirmation thn nothing, contacted them and was told posted Monday and they gave me a RM tracking number.

Tried it and it says 'sorry unable to confirm the status of that item with that tracking number'

The tracking part is dog poo I admit, but it normally says they have accepted it

Next thing you get is delivered on there, this just says 'sorry unable to confirm the status of that item with that tracking number'

6451-02.png

Got a couple of pairs of these for about a quid... work fine! 😄

Back