astigmatism

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brin

hello would astigmatism in my dominant left eye affect my shooting i am  right handed and shoot from the right shoulder or has my score dropped because i am getting old and worn out

Have you been checked for cataracts? Blurry vision can be caused by all sorts of things. My first call would be to an ophthalmologist for a check.

But.....you're probably just old and worn out😁

ive had cataracts done 20 years ago went for a eye test friday she told me left eye astigmatism right eye good

So by that your old and worn out then 😁 or have they sorted out new glasses

hello would astigmatism in my dominant left eye affect my shooting i am  right handed and shoot from the right shoulder or has my score dropped because i am getting old and worn out
Do you close your left eye when you’re about to pull the trigger or keep it open ? I’m the same as you including the astigmatism but keep both eyes open. 

I have had slight astigmatism in both eyes for about 25 years, I never felt that it affected my shooting although we'll never know for sure. I am using glasses these days because my long distant vision is getting a bit fuzzy, the glasses also correct the astigmatism. I can shoot with or without the glasses and the scores are similar but I feel happier WITH a nice crisp sight picture.

I have moderate astigmatism  and used contac lens  but I could not get on with torric lens  ,   so reverted back to glasses  ,  must say sight picture is crisp           still miss though !  :hmm:

I have this evolving prescription. 

Worn contacts since I was 11. Whole family wears glasses. So not new to this.

Developed astigmatism in right eye 15 years ago and slight left eye astigmatism 7 years ago. Left eye curvature evolved differently over 2 prescriptions and  the power fluctuated.

It is dialed in for the moment. I also had issues with clarity and comfort, now have the correct manufacturer (changed 3 times).

It took a lot of flaffing about. You can go to 2 different doctors and get 2 slighlty different approaches and thus 2 different prescriptions. So ask a lot of questions to educate yourself.

I am left eye dominant and without question this eye journey affected my shooting.

Latest posts

Back