Perazzi mx2000s recoil reduction

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEABAG

I want to reduce recoil on the above gun, due to a neck problem. Don`t really want to shorten the stock, as I fear it will devalue the gun. Any suggestions, I already have a Kickeeze pad fitted, but it is only 13mm as I am not big framewise. Is it worth sourcing a used precision or ergonomic type? Any serious response welcomed. Thank you.

I want to reduce recoil on the above gun, due to a neck problem. Don`t really want to shorten the stock, as I fear it will devalue the gun. Any suggestions, I already have a Kickeeze pad fitted, but it is only 13mm as I am not big framewise. Is it worth sourcing a used precision or ergonomic type? Any serious response welcomed. Thank you.
I really don't think shortening the wood to provide a better recoil pad will devalue the gun. Simple as that. Fit a 19mm recoil systems pad 

I used a PFS stock for over a decade and it beats any other system (meant for recoil reduction), good pads, even thick ones, can only do so much, the benefit of a system such as the PFS is that they compress under recoil whilst keeping the comb static. This subtle difference between this and other similar systems offered mainly in the US is critical. 

The other advantage of the PFS is that it is a stand alone stock meaning the original stock can be stored without any cutting. The disadvantage is the funny looks/remarks that will follow you around. You MUST make sure that you set the fit to your liking and requirements and then leave alone and shoot until you gel with it. The compression too is adjustable so you can set it to your liking. 

Used ones can be had for less than £600 which I think is fantastic value.

I have a shoulder problem and found that the Isis green recoil pad and reduced to 24 gram cartridges really helped. My gun then was a Miroku MK10, I now use a 725 with Brownings own recoil pad and 24 grams, again without any problems.

Sound like the perfect solution for me, thanks for your input. Trouble is finding one around that price.

What type of cartridge are you using?   Some are kinder to one's frame than others...addressing the component that generates the recoil is likely to more effective than dealing with the result. 
I use Fiocchi 28grm, I know lesser loads will reduce recoil, but I actually have a lot of faith in this cartridge.

I really don't think shortening the wood to provide a better recoil pad will devalue the gun. Simple as that. Fit a 19mm recoil systems pad 
Thanks, but don`t want to do that,(shorten stock.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know the relevant stock measurements?

I have an old and slightly battered MX12 (same fitting as yours ) stock with a full Isis recoil reducing system on it. I think mine is about 35/50 and LOP about 15 or 15.25". You can obviously mess about with the LOP by altering the pad.

You can borrow it if it fits you and see if you like it...…...

FWIW I think the Isis full recoil reduction system is fantastic - but some would differ. They do reduce the value of guns though. 

PS Im away on holiday (fishing!) from Saturday -  so if you want it quick, get back to me asap. 

i`d rather use lighter cartridges than butcher another good gun ! Seems to be the national pastime nowadays......

agree with that, especially if your score improves/shooting is more comfortable

fWIW I removed the pad from my Blaser F16 and shoot it wood to shoulder as I too needed a shorter stock but don’t want to chop 3/4” off the stock just yet.

To my surprise I’ve found it more comfortable 

I’m also surprised that nobody to my knowledge seems to have tried a tuned mass damper in the stock

As above, the shot weight will have a bearings on recoil as will gun mass.

force = mass x acceleration 

Change the mass change the force, I.e lower shot weight and heavier gun.

the other component, acceleration can between stock and shoulder be converted into heat by dissipating the energy through a compression of a medium, I.e your shoulder or something between wood and shoulder. You can get a pair of Musto D3 pad for about a tenner. These can slip inside your sleet vest or as I tried, cut them to shape around your stock, and layer them up using cyanoacrylate (super glue) and replace the standard pad with it. I taped mine on with electrical insulation tape

although I agree a shorter stock is the way to go if needed (mine is) I would also say that shortened stocks do devalue , any modification from original does , especially if going to a shop to trade in .

The absolute worst case scenario is the cost of a new stock, why would anyone buy such an expensive gun and invest so much time and energy on improvement and yet deny themselves the shortening of the stock if that is what it takes ? 

. You can get a pair of Musto D3 pad for about a tenner. These can slip inside your sleet vest or as I tried, cut them to shape around your stock, and layer them up using cyanoacrylate (super glue) and replace the standard pad with it. I taped mine on with electrical insulation tape
Congratulations ! You’ve just invented the Kickeeze 😂

The absolute worst case scenario is the cost of a new stock, why would anyone buy such an expensive gun and invest so much time and energy on improvement and yet deny themselves the shortening of the stock if that is what it takes ? 
agree, but it doesnt normally stop there, when shortened  ..ahh yes thats comfortable, but now the cast /drop is wrong , it really most times is just more economical to get another stock that you can "fettle" to your hearts content or as has been said get a new stock made to fit if monies are available to spend.

Right Teabag, I think I have just come up with a solution for you. I was today given some 40 odd Sellier and Bellot Trap cartridges. Now I strongly suspect that these are 1 1/8 ozs (32gram).  If I gave you a dozen or so and you use them on your next outing, you will not even notice the recoil when you go back to your usual cartridges.   😎

Latest posts

Back