New Member South East London

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T23MUS

Hi Everyone,

New Member to the forum, Been Clay Shooting just over a year now and loving every minute of it.

You will usually find me at JJ's Shooting ground in Dartford on a Saturday or Sunday trying to get my name on the scoreboard.

My Bang stick is a Benelli 828u Sport or the Beretta A400Xcel Black.

Ammo i use is Fiocchi F3 piston / Black Sport

Been using the Lyalvel express English Sporter last couple of weeks as i won them in the comp (must be doing something right)

Question i have is ... Gamebore Velocity Vs Hull Sporting 100

I'm using Muller U2 chokes  in the 828u and the standard extend chokes in the A400

Whats the best Carts for around £220 per 1000?

Thanks for reading

Welcome for the forum.

Can't help with your question as I always buy the sub-£200/thousand cartridges.  The only thing I spend more on is Hull Pro-Piston 9s, but as I only ever use a handful at most shoots I don't mind too much.

Welcome to the forum.  I too buy below £200 mark.  The difference in price and perceived apparent quality doesn’t give me enough of a difference to my scores or my comfort to warrant the extra.    This is a really personal to every shooter and their gun question as you’ll find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always feel gamebore Velocity is a decent shell at a decent price. Reasonable recoil. They pattern well in 7.5 but for some reason the 8s do not. Hull sporting are smooth recoil, but expensive and don’t pattern well either! Try Gamebore Evo. Good pattern, decent price, smooth recoil. I use them. 
Another excellent performer at a great price is RC2 if you can find them. 

@Will Hewland when we ran through patterning at Owls the Velocity+ In 8s patterned far, far better than anything else through my MK38 that day. I use them for 95% targets. 

Out of curiosity what did you pattern through? Cheers.

@Will Hewland when we ran through patterning at Owls the Velocity+ In 8s patterned far, far better than anything else through my MK38 that day. I use them for 95% targets. 

Out of curiosity what did you pattern through? Cheers.
BLASER, 1/4 choke. (I’ve not found much difference between how shells behave in several different guns). I suppose you can define “bad” pattern differently. I don’t do all this how many pellets in a circle nonsense. 😀. That is fine if every clay you shoot is an an exact distance, like trap. I merely look at the distribution pattern of pellets. I also only do it at 15 yards now as this clearly shows what you will get. It merely expands out at distance. In this case there was a heavy centre with a very messy outer pattern. Not an efficient way of going IMO. I want to break the clay well if I’m a bit off centre. 

80961AB8-49A9-45D2-A3A8-1A5F82E07D03.jpeg

BLASER, 1/4 choke. (I’ve not found much difference between how shells behave in several different guys). I suppose you can define “bad” pattern differently. I don’t do all this how many pellets in a circle nonsense. 😀. That is fine if every clay you shoot is an an exact distance, like trap. I merely look at the distribution pattern of pellets. I also only do it at 15 yards now as this clearly shows what you will get. It merely expands out at distance. In this case there was a heavy centre with a very messy outer pattern. Not an efficient way of going IMO. I want to break the clay well if I’m a bit off centre. 

View attachment 8083
The most surprising part from all of that is the fact you may ever be off centre mate 😂

In all seriousness though that’s very interesting, as we put the same carts through a 692 and DT11 and it was pretty consistent with what you’ve said above.

But as I say the MK38 gave a nice, even pattern overall with good coverage (in terms of diameter). I patterned F blacks (very heavy middle) and Power Golds too (holes galore) that day. 

Well I used the gambore’s today and dropped a lot of clays. Don’t really know if it was all in my head. Was sim pairs today in windy conditions! (Making excuses)

Going to go through the whole slab before I judge them fully. Really want to stick to 1 cartridge this year. 

used Fiocchi Black and F3 for a while (hard hitting shell) 

Actually crying with laughter 😂

You can spin your euphamisms as much as you like to sound like gun talk, but THAT just shows you to be a bit of a slag!  :whistle:
Actually crying with laughter 😂

Latest posts

Back