Stock alteration and refinish

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmillie

I have a lovely thumb grip stock for my Perazzi. However, I need to have some fettling done to it e.g. palm swell reduction , grip radius alteration and recheckering/refinishing. Any recommendations as to who I should use to get the work done. 

Steve

Tim Greenwood or Midland Gun Services. I have had work done on 2 different guns by both. A Beretta that had the stock converted to a monte carlo and the grip altered by Tim, and a full custom stock for my Perazzi by MGS, both do excellent work.

Do JWS do recheckering as well and where are they based? I’m based in Kent so was hoping to find someone nearer as I would expect them to want to see my hand size before.starting to hack away.

I’ve used MGS for a custom stock before and was pleased with their work. It’s just that 2 round trips to Shrewsbury to get it sorted is a bit of a pain. Does anyone know whether Malcom Jenkins is still taking on work?

Steve

Do JWS do recheckering as well and where are they based? I’m based in Kent so was hoping to find someone nearer as I would expect them to want to see my hand size before.starting to hack away.

I’ve used MGS for a custom stock before and was pleased with their work. It’s just that 2 round trips to Shrewsbury to get it sorted is a bit of a pain. Does anyone know whether Malcom Jenkins is still taking on work?

Steve
JWS is Birmingham area. I’ve only ever sent stuff, (with instructional videos I made) so distance not a factor for my jobs. 

As far as I know (friend of a friend) Malcolm Jenkins is basically retired.

I have used Tim Greenwood recently and apart from him being busy (and too far away!), his work is excellent.

Back