Red shells or blue ones

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmokinn

I am totally baffled by the choice should i use the red shells (i really like the colour) or the blue ones (matches my skeet vest) i really don't know which will perform better and does it matter of they clash,advice please?

Also will they work better with the 12 at the bottom or the top,i know if their to the side it will ruin the balance of the gun?

While were at it my gun is fixed 3/4 and full which chokes should i use for close rabbits and what make should i get?

Thanks in advance.

Definitely red in the top , blue in the bottom barrel... must have the 12 ga horizontal or it will destroy the pattern and you won’t hit a thing 

I’m frankly baffled by this post. Does it add to ones post count?

oohh. Plus 1 for me 👍

I tried Fblack top and bottom. Doesn’t help in anyway whatsoever

21g, 24g 28g, fiber, plaswad, steel, lead, subsonic, 1550fps; from cylinder to full, 15 yds to 70yds, belly, face or edge... they all miss equally well.

mind you I’ve broken a few clays with such parameters too. I’m a lucky SoB sometimes 

I would say that blue would work well with a 3/4 full choke combo ... But does the brass have any stars on? I have had bad results using those unless you carefully set the stars at 120 degree intervals to the rib of the gun because they tend to have a more open shot pattern if you just drop them in... Something for the newcomer to watch out for. I did once try a cartridge with a yellow case... absolutely hopeless, they were so badly made the dropped right into the barrel  and they weren't cheap either just very poorly made.

Okay Guy's, I'm struggling with this one, try as I might, I am unable to get the cartridge to load the right way up, for the second shot in my semi auto. I did try showing the waiting line at the back of the stand last week, but someone must have dropped a contact lens or something because, as I turned around to show them the loaded cartridge, I saw that that they were all on the floor looking for the lost lens   ?  

Red is fine , Blue is great , it’s the yellow ones that bug me , they fall straight through the chamber and jam in the forcing cone . Then you have to fire a 3” magnum rifled slug load to shift them .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a colour thing?

You'd best be careful, what about black, and white, and pink and green? They all have feelings too!

And while we're on the subject are cartridges male and guns female?

20200118_183049.jpg

I’m frankly baffled by this post. Does it add to ones post count?

oohh. Plus 1 for me 👍

I tried Fblack top and bottom. Doesn’t help in anyway whatsoever

21g, 24g 28g, fiber, plaswad, steel, lead, subsonic, 1550fps; from cylinder to full, 15 yds to 70yds, belly, face or edge... they all miss equally well.

mind you I’ve broken a few clays with such parameters too. I’m a lucky SoB sometimes 
Are you suggesting your actually suppised to hit them....new i had been doing something wrong!!

Bain of my life 😤
You do let us know occasionally...😉

I sometimes see a course setter running for cover!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you suggesting your actually suppised to hit them....new i had been doing something wrong!!

You do let us know occasionally...😉

I sometimes see a course setter running for cover!
I’m no shrinking violet  to be sure  😝

Some great advice on this thread which I have followed and greatly improved my shooting. However I bought some cartridges with transparent cases and cant hit a thing with them

Some great advice on this thread which I have followed and greatly improved my shooting. However I bought some cartridges with transparent cases and cant hit a thing with them
Have you tried loading  them into your gun and firing them?

Browsing tinterweb yesterday I saw some pink ones, very pretty. Do pretty cartridges make you look better when you miss.

Cos I want to look tough, do they do camo ones for when I  shoot in my string vest in the snow. 

🙈🙉🙊

when we have sorted this out, I need to know what length "brass" I should be using for sporting clays. Naturally, the longer the brass the better the performance, but obviously I don't want to go too long because of the increase in price.

Latest posts

Back