Cg summit ascent vs browning 725 Pro sport/beretta 694

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panagiotis

Would be grateful for any comments from shooters that have the opportunity to shoot all the three above-mentioned guns

ive had the 725 and the Caesar     both good guns to me , have not had a 694    !    I guess its down to personal preference and value for money  !   all three would out perform me . :hmm:  

I've tried a ProSport and found it cumbersome. Maybe it's all in the mind but to me it felt much bigger than it actually is although some people are happy and shoot very well with them. I've shot several CG Ascents and having the adjustable stock means the different balance is very noticeable. Other than that it's just another CG to me as the raised rib doesn't seem to make any difference. Guerinis are smoother to operate and less clunky than Brownings, they have the best trigger pulls of any of the mid range guns and they pattern very well too.

I've only seen one 694 and the young lady shooting it was in a hurry to get round the course so no chance for a closer look. Hopefully next time as I'd like to see if they've altered the stock at all as I usually find Berettas too low at the comb.

The only way is to try them yourself. I know it could be difficult for you if there are no places around you to do this, but it's the only sure way of finding out if it's the gun for you.

If someone has one it's going to be the 'best thing since sliced bread' to them, as it's our nature to say that if you have just bought one

Only one I have actually shot is the Pro Sport and I thought exactly the same as Westward. It felt a 'big' unwieldy gun to me. But I did break some difficult clays with it,  just didn't like the handling. But then I'm an 11 stone weakling who doesn't tend to like heavy guns -  so 'par'  for the course.

Just to confuse you; I have looked at loads of Guerinis (I used to have a G 28 bore and it was great - apart from needing a comb raiser) and I would consider buying a standard Invictus with an ascent stock. I find the std guns too low in the comb and the full on ascent version is too heavy for me.....

694 -  sounds great in the reviews !! But I have never yet found a (factory) Beretta that fits me.

The only way is to try them yourself. I know it could be difficult for you if there are no places around you to do this, but it's the only sure way of finding out if it's the gun for you.

If someone has one it's going to be the 'best thing since sliced bread' to them, as it's our nature to say that if you have just bought one
Thank you for the feedback, I have already arranged to try an invictus ascent the next week, I will let you know about my impressions. 

Latest posts

Back