New Gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

I recently bought a "New" gun, a Beretta. Looking at the proof marks it was proofed in 2008, would you class this as a new gun?

Well - if it hasn't been pre-owned, then it's new - I'd assume it sat in the rack at the dealers for some time... I would have used the 2008 marks as leverage to reduce the price a little bit... I'm sure the dealer wouldn't want that on their books for ever.

When I bought it I didn't look at the proof stamp, I am going down to the shop later on today, so I shall mention it and see what happens.Probably nowt as I negotiated a fair bit off in the first place /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif.

I seem to remember a gunsmith telling me they proof barrels "in the white" before they go to the expense of blueing them and fitting them to an action. Obviously if the barrel doesnt pass they would have wasted a load of money finishing it just to be scrapped. Heard the same thing with someone buying a new Browning, the date code was 2 years previous to when he bought it. Apparently Browning stamp them when the action is struck not when it is finished as a new gun so the action could have been sitting in the factory for a while before it gets some wood and a set of barrels. Fuzrat

I went to the shop yesterday to try and wind him up a bit but he's a decent lad and I did buy it at a fair price /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

I bought a New Browning Sporting clays semi auto 2 years ago next month, it was totally new and unfired and even though I know Browning stopped making them a few years ago I couldn't believe my luck, when I got it home I checked the serial number out and found it was made in 2006 so how lucky was I to have came across this new auto years after it had been made And it was one of the green/blue ones so happy days for me and before anyone asks No money wouldn't buy it /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Nige

i bought a brand new beretta silver pigeon one and that was the first thing i checked because i was offered two gun which was 5 years old and they wanted £100 less than the price i was paying for a brand new 2011 model

good luck with it Tony -- it will last you a life time, if you have to tweek it here and there to get it exactly the way you want it and just enjoy it, I've a couple of new Beretta hats hangin up in my spare room if you want one let me know your details and I'll send you one ?/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Nige

Cor Nige.................I wish you had 2 Fabris hanging there/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gifI would have had one /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

There's a Fabbri hanging on a beam at Kelbrook /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back