gunsmith services

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel

I've been thinkin for a while now about gettin some work done on the wood of my Perazzi, I'd like a nice dark satin finish instead of the semi glazed oil finish that came on it out of the factory, P guns aren't renowned for their wood work unless you pay them serious amounts of money, on that other site a few people sent me names of decent gun smiths who have good reputations of stock refinishing - I'd be great full if I could get a few names again as I won't be using my P gun over the winter months, any help will be greatly appreciated .Nigel

Why not do it yourself?  bingle "A Classic Oil Finish by Frank Whiton" I tried to post a link...can we not do that?

thanks fella's, to be honest I've did up about a dozen stocks in the past for myself and friends and customers when I was in the gun trade and even though I'm very fussy I want this job did professionally as it's a new gun and a pretty expensive one at that, my problem is I'm happy with my forend finish but my stock is lighter in colour and has a different finish so to match them up would need the touch of a pro, Nige

well after weeks of choosing a stockmaker I have decided to go with Andy Duncan from Berkshire, RG7 5ES.  I've read a fair bit about Andy and he's get a very good reputation, has anyone here heard of Andy or even maybe know him ?   Nic does he live anywhere near you  ?  hopefully I will have my wood back in 3 weeks to a month.  I've took some before pics so when it comes back I'll put up the end results, I'm crappin myself after spending so much money on the P in the first place and now takin it apart to get it done up. Nige

Maybe you should have checked that the wood did match, before you parted with your money/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif

all I can say to that Mike is that the Perazzi dealer wasn't very helpfull at all, they did change the forend to the model I wanted but they didn't make a great job of mathin the wood up, when I confronted them about it I was told they liked it and that I should more or less like it too as the beauty is in the eye of the beholder !  I'll know for again - how's that old sayin go "once bitten"  Nigel

Hi Nige if you want anything done to your gun in the future get it to melvyn and we will take it to Jim Wills in Bath a very good gunsmith or send it direct to him tell Mel he will give you my Number give me a ring and i will sort it for you Best Regards Lefty

cheers Lefty -- I'll do that mate,  did you know Mel was takin into hospital lastnight ?  he called me just before he went in sayin his doctor sent him in because of headaches - I hope he's gonna be OK  !!  Nigel

Latest posts

Back