New Year =New Gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

I thought maybe this would be of interest on this forum?

New Year , Winter and time to prepare for the new clay shooting season .

SO, if you are thinking about buying a new gun , what have you got your eye on or wish you could / can afford?

Opnions and comments I think will be greatly appreciated .

Krieghoff, K80 orc Parcours ? Why ?

Perazzi , model and Why?

Beretta,   bare in mind recent poor quality issues and numerous models available  DT10 , DT11 , or other?

Zoli , why have these not really taken off?

Rizzini,

Browning ,

Miroku,

Blaser, F3 or F16?

Kemen

Or any other and what excites you about your choice ?

I think it will be interesting you read of aspirations and disappointments .

Happy New Year Everyone and enjoy 2020.

browning 525 sl 32"    cheap as chips , great build quality , laminate easy to clean etc  and adds extra weight , very well balanced gun ,  adj comb , different size pads  fit straight on , bomb proof browning tried and tested   !!!     £1995      bargain .     ps in my humble opinion  zoli have been poorly  represented by the importers  , they are great guns !  

I've just bought a 525sl 32" second hand £1700, only shot it a couple of times but it seems to handle nicely, fitted a 13mm pad to adjust for winter clothes and thanks to doctor lecter a matching 3/8 choke    cheers mate. The dealer said that browning might be bringing in a brown version this year 

I do see a good number of people who have bought the laminate Browning and enjoy and shoot them very well , but by far the biggest swing that I have seen is people buying the Browning ProSport or 725 in various guises.

I have also seen a good few who have given up the unequal struggle with a Krieghoff in various models , K80 or Parcour and gone back to their old gun or a new gun of their ownership. That being said I did persevere with my K80 , I did get it sorted and I do now like it , but not as much as a tried and trusted Miroku MK38 😊.

Hence my initial question , should we buy a new gun , at around £2,000 for a Miroku , Browning, or Beretta , or splash the cash of around £8,000 to £25,000 for a Blaser , Perazzi, or Krieghoff ?

I think it depends on your aspirations, I don't think any of the guns mentioned will hold anyone back if it fits but it seems the expensive manufacturers sponsor top shots to a greater extent 

I do see a good number of people who have bought the laminate Browning and enjoy and shoot them very well , but by far the biggest swing that I have seen is people buying the Browning ProSport or 725 in various guises.

I have also seen a good few who have given up the unequal struggle with a Krieghoff in various models , K80 or Parcour and gone back to their old gun or a new gun of their ownership. That being said I did persevere with my K80 , I did get it sorted and I do now like it , but not as much as a tried and trusted Miroku MK38 😊.

Hence my initial question , should we buy a new gun , at around £2,000 for a Miroku , Browning, or Beretta , or splash the cash of around £8,000 to £25,000 for a Blaser , Perazzi, or Krieghoff ?
i shot churchills yesterday and i've seen so many krieghoff's it was every other gun. just shows how much money there is down south😃  

Certainly not looking to change but Rizzini has launched their new flagship competition gun, the BR460. Will certainly have a look at one but have no plans on changing mine just yet.

Did this a couple of years ago. Got Dt11 sporter. Despite the naysayers the gun has been faultless apart from the carp blue paint on the action.  Approx 10000 shells in two years. It's a gen 2 with lighter barrels. 2015 build. Just a superbly balanced tool. It just feels easy to shoot.  Which leaves me to concentrate on breaking clays. Virtually recoil free. And despite the doubters it's fine with fibre wads also. Quite simply the best higher end comp  gun out there. Buy and enjoy. 

Jasper. 

My husband has always shot Brownings.  He started with a 525 Citori and then moved on to a 725.  The trigger is a bit heavy and liable to play up, so I've tried to persuade him to move on to something else.  He tried a Perazzi MX12 while we were visiting a ground in Somerset last year, shot well with it and bought it.  It's just gone up for sale and he's gone back to his 725 - just didn't feel as comfortable with it.

I personally like my K80 parcours.  So much so that I've decided to part with my old DT10.  Using a gun twice in four years just doesn't justify the cabinet space.

How much?

So you don't rate that 30 quid SxS then?

Plenty of them going and they all break clays 😉

i shot churchills yesterday and i've seen so many krieghoff's it was every other gun. just shows how much money there is down south😃  
For balance I saw mostly Brownings in front of me, (for me the barrel branding they adorned is garish) each and every stand, though yes there were lots of Katies, mostly wandering around looking for the "right stand" to start on, it was without any doubt St11.

If I was lucky enough to have a money no object choice of any, it would be a made to measure with eye catching engraving Katy in Parcours spec (the ones Ive dry mounted felt "right"), though would have to be 30" as for the life of me I can't get on with 32" of any make. Its a wholly different beat to the MX2000S and no doubt I would not be able to hit anything with it but boy would I ever look good in doing (or not doing) so.

For balance I saw mostly Brownings in front of me, (for me the barrel branding they adorned is garish) each and every stand, though yes there were lots of Katies, mostly wandering around looking for the "right stand" to start on, it was without any doubt St11.

If I was lucky enough to have a money no object choice of any, it would be a made to measure with eye catching engraving Katy in Parcours spec (the ones Ive dry mounted felt "right"), though would have to be 30" as for the life of me I can't get on with 32" of any make. Its a wholly different beat to the MX2000S and no doubt I would not be able to hit anything with it but boy would I ever look good in doing (or not doing) so.
I had to keep my 1994 682 trap X hidden in the gunslip. Thought I might get chucked off the ground if anyone saw it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back