British 21gms. Sporting Championship

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylye

We are pleased to announce that the British 21gms Sporting Championship will be held at Wylye Valley on Sunday September 30th.

This 100 target Open event will be run under normal English Sporting rules but will have a cartridge limit of 21 grams. Hull Cartridge are providing their excellent Comp X shells, the price of which will be included in the entry fee. As well as cash prizes in Open, Juniors, Veterans and Ladies Categories there will also be a trophy for the overall champion. Entry fee £60 (including 125 cartridges)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/British-Open-21-Gram-Sporting-Championship/464076810269899

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great. Same for all. The 28g die-hards will be so shocked with how well they work. I patterned hull 21g plas a couple of years ago and they are like the best 80% inner circle from a great 28g shell.

Mrs Fuz uses them and they are excellent :D Quite honestly if they weren't the same price as my kents I would use them. £130 a thou and I would shoot them every day of the week ;)

I meant if they were Clever, near as dammit same price as my Kent Velocity, £148 v £151 with 7kgs of lead less, thought lead was the reason shells are so expensive :huh:

nope just greed!

not exactly giving these away either charging £60 for entry

£60? They are £15 a hundred. And this is a promo? Hmm.. Even for 125 it's a bit steep..

at JC's prices 125 compx 21g are £18.50 so a £41.50 entry fee, bit steep without it being a promo :wacko:

Well you may well say that but how about £10 per entry into the prize fund? Does that make a difference? Of course it does. Do the sums again and see what you come up with. Bear in mind that there are no sponsored prizes, the prize fund is self-generating:-

£200 High Gun

£100 per class win plus prizes down to 4th place in four classes.

Too dear? I don't think so.

So Hull are providing Comp X, but not at a subsidised rate, and are not contributing to the prizes? So what is the significance of their involvement? £60-£18-£10=£32. That'd still be a very dear birds only rate. Steep, I'd say. Best of luck with it though...

£25 B/O + £10 Prize Fund + £10 for part sponsored Shells = ~£45 entry

This will be interesting, 21g shells certainly break well enough at short range, tolerably well at medium but defo struggle at long range compared to 28g. I love when people say things like: they smash them if you point em right, what if you don't point em right?

I hope the targets aren't dumbed down for the occasion because I predict an average of around 3-5 birds lighter than your expected scores, not saying someone won't put in a cracking score, someone always does but overall they are nowhere near as good as 28g - all this talk of their wondrous patterning ability is all Bull :wink: . They said that so you'd all rush out and buy them at their inflated prices saving the manufacturer tons of lead. :.: :.:

There are two possible arguments for them, recoil and cost. The recoil from most 28g loads is within comfort limits of most people and as for cost :huh: , well they're no cheaper than many 28g loads which outperform them.

I must remember to buy some for use on tough Pool stands where I need fantastic patterns and low recoil aiding second shot recovery. :???: :.: ;) .

Your maths are somewhat adventurous to say the least. £25 for birds only? Where did that come from Stu? I shot Southern Counties last week and it was £35. Come and see us and I'll run you through the economics of clayshooting, it will add greatly to your education!

A big difficulty with cost setting is not knowing the final entry size. I imagine that the profit from most shoots only really materialises after the first 60 shooters have gone through, to cover fixed costs. 70 entries will be a very different profit compared to 150.

Like to no where you can soot bo for 25 quid ? Remember gentlemen the ground owner has to earn a living the same as the rest of us . Carl

Your maths are somewhat adventurous to say the least. £25 for birds only? Where did that come from Stu? I shot Southern Counties last week and it was £35. Come and see us and I'll run you through the economics of clayshooting, it will add greatly to your education!
non registered at westfield and windrush are £30 comp, longridge always used to be £25 for practice (not been there for a few months though), whats your practice cost now? the likes of podimore / southern counties always seem expensive to me.

ive always been under the impression your bettwer off getting 175 entries at £30 a pop than 125 at £35, or am i completely sh*t at maths? making it a bit cheaper is surely going to attract more shooters is it not? times are hard for a lot of us!!

non registered at westfield and windrush are £30 comp, longridge always used to be £25 for practice (not been there for a few months though), whats your practice cost now? the likes of podimore / southern counties always seem expensive to me.

ive always been under the impression your bettwer off getting 175 entries at £30 a pop than 125 at £35, or am i completely sh*t at maths? making it a bit cheaper is surely going to attract more shooters is it not? times are hard for a lot of us!!
no emmsy you are very good at maths thats £875 and 50 more for breakfast.

Latest posts

Back