Fiocchi Litespeed 26g

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod M

Has anyone seen/tried these?

Saw them at a local gun shop and was curious. I tend to either shoot fBlacks or TTOnes; these are claimed to be the same speed as fBlacks, but similar price to TTOnes (although this is obviously in part due to them being 26g as opposed to 28g)...

Will pick some up to try next time I see some, but thought I'd see if anyone already had

EDIT: I'm more interested in fibre, but I see they come in plas too

Last edited by a moderator:
I have shot 250 of the litespeed 26g 8's in plas wad, bought for £175 /1000 rate  , punchy ,very fast and breaks are good (especially out of 1/2 chokes )for 90% of sporting targets we see in to days reg events this is with out doubt a very suitable shell at a brilliant price. 

There are some issues with misfires if rumours are correct , but in the 250 I have shot through my F3 pro, no probs , I can put up with the odd malfunction for that 1,000 rate.  

I have shot 250 of the litespeed 26g 8's in plas wad, bought for £175 /1000 rate  , punchy ,very fast and breaks are good (especially out of 1/2 chokes )for 90% of sporting targets we see in to days reg events this is with out doubt a very suitable shell at a brilliant price. 

There are some issues with misfires if rumours are correct , but in the 250 I have shot through my F3 pro, no probs , I can put up with the odd malfunction for that 1,000 rate.  
Sounds good. I'll definitely get some then.

I'm certain that if I were a Eurosophisto The rationale would be blindingly obvious but as it is I can only say WTF is up with 26gm load and why did the world need a not24 and not28 when the pellet count difference could prolly be tallied on one hand?

I know - stupid Yank

I'm certain that if I were a Eurosophisto The rationale would be blindingly obvious but as it is I can only say WTF is up with 26gm load and why did the world need a not24 and not28 when the pellet count difference could prolly be tallied on one hand?

I know - stupid Yank
You must have a lot of fingers on your hands then 😉

Quote from Fiocchi facebook page: Have you seen our new LITESPEED cartridge yet? Available in Plastic or Fibre it’s 26g /8 (2.2mm) load that has approximately 31 more pellets than a 28g/7.5. Perfect for Winter training and it’s also competively priced so LITE on your pocket too.

You'll notice that is with different sized shot.  Not quite a one on one comparison, eh?

You must have a lot of fingers on your hands then 😉

Quote from Fiocchi facebook page: Have you seen our new LITESPEED cartridge yet? Available in Plastic or Fibre it’s 26g /8 (2.2mm) load that has approximately 31 more pellets than a 28g/7.5. Perfect for Winter training and it’s also competively priced so LITE on your pocket too.

I’m going to get 500 and give them a try if for no other reason than they are cheaper and for non competition shooting would be more than enough.  In fact more than enough for a lot of presentations.

I’m going to get 500 and give them a try if for no other reason than they are cheaper and for non competition shooting would be more than enough.  In fact more than enough for a lot of presentations.
Please let us know what you think of them Sian, I have tried to keep my cartridge spend below £200/ 1000 so these look like a real contender 👍

Please let us know what you think of them Sian, I have tried to keep my cartridge spend below £200/ 1000 so these look like a real contender 👍
I will so far good reports from a few people.  

got a couple of slabs of these in Fibre in November, £ 48 per 250, and have had a great time with them since. For 90% of clays they do a cracking job , just have a few F Blacks in other pocket for the longer range ones. Fairly loud 'crack' , but clean and no misfires ---- don't think Fiocchi would risk their good name with a Dud !!     Great value cartridge for most of us ''Fun'' Clay-busters ! 

Picked some fibre ones up at the weekend and am very impressed. For the money, absolutely no complaints whatsoever. I'll be switching to these from the fBlacks due to the considerable savings and negligible impact on my scores (as a casual, non-competition, shooter).

When I was pointing the gun in the right direction, I was achieving good breaks on a variety of presentations and ranges. My mk38 is being serviced, so was using the wife's 687s, but, from memory, I'd say recoil on the Litespeeds was fairly similar to the fBlacks and, I felt, a little punchier than the handful of 28g White Golds I had in a pocket and was able to test side by side.

I understand Fiochhi are pitching these as a training cartridge and that makes sense compared to the fBlacks given the following:

• c.£40 per 1000 cheaper
  • 2g less, size 8, shot
  • A shorter brass
  • Available in both plastic and fibre
  • Slightly harsher recoil, balanced by the lighter load

Still haven’t gone to get them yet but I am definitely going to,give them a try.   I already shoot the cheap Fiocchi TT1s  and I’ve shot a fair few FBlacks and for the price difference the FBlacks do not make any difference whatsoever to my scores or indeed comfort and I am not  comforted in the slightest by their expense or more brass.  See Salopian I can be economical 🤣

can I ask on the tt1s are you using 7 1/2 or 8s ? presume plaswad ?   tried the f blues recently and although a bit of recoil found it very good especially at the price.  Agree with you whole heartidly on the unwaranted use of high brass on shells , I would prefer lower "brass" along with lower price for same internal components , express golds eley superbs along with f blacks could/should be cheaper !     thanks in advance

Last edited:
William Evans confirmed they're getting them in. £192 per thou as opposed to £205 for TT1's Hull Superfast for me a the mo at £203 but might well give them a try.

(that's fibre, obviously.)

can I ask on the tt1s are you using 7 1/2 or 8s ? presume plaswad ?   tried the f blues recently and although a bit of recoil found it very good especially at the price.  Agree with you whole heartidly on the unwaranted use of high brass on shells , I would prefer lower "brass" along with lower price for same internal components , express golds eley superbs along with f blacks could/should be cheaper !     thanks in advance
I’ve shot both 7.5 and 8.   Mainly 7.5 simply because that is what my supplier mainly has  but I don’t have any qualms when they say they are 8s  this time.  I do shoot the plastic version as all grounds I visit allow plastic even the fibre grounds when it’s registered shoots.  A few times a year I shoot fibre and I don’t choose TTs then although my husband will shoot them.  I am discerning when it comes to fibre and go for something like Hull Sovereign as I cannot abide seeing a load of confetti or having  huge plume of smoke.  I hate it when we do attend a fibre shoot and the conditions are such that the smoke hangs around in the air and builds up and it becomes foggy almost.  Anyone else? I get my TTs for £192 a 1000.

I only shoot fibre because that's all my local dealers stock in anything under 28g. I'd need to travel a good hour or more to find plastic. Even the pay and play grounds I use sell only fibre but allow plastic.

I usually use Llyalvale Express Superligt fibre, 7.5 x 21g. I pay £43 a slab. Although I was told next delivery (today Tuesday 7th Jan) to expect an increase. They fire clean, no smoke.

When I can't get the above a use Gamebore Blue Diamond, fibre, 24g x 7.5s. £45 a slab. Some smoke at about 10yds, and the wad is shredded.

I can't tell any difference between 21g or 24g, and only a very marginal difference when I try 28g.

I buy on price as I use about a slab a week, I shoot twice, usually a  weekday and Sunday's. 

Quick update: Price increased to £188 per 1000 today for 21g and £200 for 24g.

Sian , yes I remember seeing you at acorn couple of years back , in the edge of the woods , several people were having the same problem , cloud of smoke could hardly see second bird , I used express and didnt have the problem, can recomend the gold fibres as good , soft recoil and reasonable on price. not tried soverien due to price. the p blues are good if you can take the extra recoil.(fibres)

Latest posts

Back