Classification

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

Anyone know why the cpsa classifications haven’t been updated ?

Your classification has if you log in on the website.

Your classification has if you log in on the website.
Very well done in racing back into A, think local quarry may be laying off a shovel driver

Entry %s 

B- 70.14 (+0.48)

A- 77.08 (+0.42)

AA- 84.01 (+0.58)

AAA- 88.37 (+0.77) 

Thats quite a jump % wise, be interesting after a few years of 1/4 yearly changes to see trends as such a upward curve can't be maintained?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if im doing something wrong,but the ranking section wont go off the defult 1000 min targets over 3 grounds ,which is ok for sporting but unrealistic for other disciplines and vital source of info for countie team selection.

When I first went from C to B, I had the target of 75% to get into A.  I've managed to claw my way to 75%, but the goalposts have moved.  Oh well, I get to stay in my comfort zone for a while yet.

Not sure if im doing something wrong,but the ranking section wont go off the defult 1000 min targets over 3 grounds ,which is ok for sporting but unrealistic for other disciplines and vital source of info for countie team selection.
In order to achieve a ranking you must shoot a minimum of 1000 targets at at least 3 grounds. Less than that is not a fair representation of ability and is why the default is set as it is. I’ve shot almost 2000 trap targets since the beginning of the year, others have shot thousands more. Looking at the rankings there’s over 300 shooters that have all shot 1000 or more registered targets

Skeet is just the same although with fewer competitors.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must have a strong countie,in staffs its like a nightmare trying to get teams for trap and including a 1000 shots over 3 shoots drops our abt team to 3 for example.

You must have a strong countie,in staffs its like a nightmare trying to get teams for trap and including a 1000 shots over 3 shoots drops our abt team to 3 for example.
It’s fair to say trap’s heartland is in Yorkshire and Lancashire. There’s plenty of grounds throwing good targets either side of the Pennines. That said, there’s a good number of trap shooters in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire and the West Midlands. 

It’s odd really. When I lived in Northamptonshire skeet was the discipline many gravitated towards, trap barely got a look in (although the attitude of the county committee didn’t help). Now I’m in Yorkshire trap seems to be the game. Here you haven’t a chance of making the regional senior team without big scores at all the selection shoots.

I'm not a competitor in way shape or form, so my opinion doesn't mean much as I only follow these discussions to see what's happening in the big wide world.😁

But South Yorkshire,  trap? I shoot at 5 venues regularly, 2 others occasionally, to the best of my knowledge no where does trap. 

I'd like to have a go at non competitive level, please advise where?👍

Thanks, and sorry to jump in on a thread.

not South Yorks , but Park Lodge  has DTL and ABT ,  Coniston the same plus UIT , and Kelbrook lodge has a nice ABT set up  over the lake . All are a available to use as a single shooter just to try  . Best ask someone to show you how to select the discipline on the control box as it charges your card with bundles of up to 25 targets rather than just one per call like sporting claymate systems .  Kelbrook is by far the cheapest . 

not South Yorks , but Park Lodge  has DTL and ABT ,  Coniston the same plus UIT , and Kelbrook lodge has a nice ABT set up  over the lake . All are a available to use as a single shooter just to try  . Best ask someone to show you how to select the discipline on the control box as it charges your card with bundles of up to 25 targets rather than just one per call like sporting claymate systems .  Kelbrook is by far the cheapest . 
I'm planning a trip to Skipton market for the Mrs so I'll try either Coniston or Kelbrook. It'll be nice to try another discipline, so I know what's what.👍

Apologise im a idiot,just rung the cpsa and the talented clair told me as long as i put 100 and 1 ground and dont leave those boxes empty ill get my rankings list instead of the default 1000 over 3 grounds.

intrestingly though 1000 min over 3 grounds gives this number of shooters nationally, osk 9, Ar11, Ot67, abt93, esk166 ut,66, cmpk17,helice 0 ,dr1 esp spt lots.

Apologise im a idiot,just rung the cpsa and the talented clair told me as long as i put 100 and 1 ground and dont leave those boxes empty ill get my rankings list instead of the default 1000 over 3 grounds.

intrestingly though 1000 min over 3 grounds gives this number of shooters nationally, osk 9, Ar11, Ot67, abt93, esk166 ut,66, cmpk17,helice 0 ,dr1 esp spt lots.
Yes, that’s right, you can adjust the figures up and down according to preference. The 1000 target/3 ground minimum is the recognised standard upon which the rankings are determined though. It weeds out those that only shoot infrequently and only at one or two local grounds. Less than that and the figures are fairly meaningless.

If your shooting sporting I can see the logic of 3 grounds as they would differ, but trap/skeet are the same were ever you shoot are they not.

If your shooting sporting I can see the logic of 3 grounds as they would differ, but trap/skeet are the same were ever you shoot are they not.
Not likely. I wish they were, it would make shooting so much easier!

I'm planning a trip to Skipton market for the Mrs so I'll try either Coniston or Kelbrook. It'll be nice to try another discipline, so I know what's what.👍
All things being equal , Coniston is probably your best bet of getting on a trap layout by yourself and being unhurried  .  Kelbrook is smashing , but the ABT on the lake shares the shooting stands with a sport trap set up and can be busy even mid week .  I’m far from an expert, but start in Down the Line so you only have one variable angle to contend with .  Both are grounds are easily accessible from Skipton . Ps there is a really good gun shop in the area . Skipton Gun Room . 

All things being equal , Coniston is probably your best bet of getting on a trap layout by yourself and being unhurried  .  Kelbrook is smashing , but the ABT on the lake shares the shooting stands with a sport trap set up and can be busy even mid week .  I’m far from an expert, but start in Down the Line so you only have one variable angle to contend with .  Both are grounds are easily accessible from Skipton . Ps there is a really good gun shop in the area . Skipton Gun Room . 
Yes. Coniston is the best bet. They have a couple of DTL layouts and a UT/ABT layout

As Martyn says there can be a bit of hanging about at kelbrook if  people want the sporttrap. The ABT is set up on the tough side and fun if you can get on it. The sport trap layout is OK it has a variety of targets ranging from difficult to very easy. It get annoying though watching people just repeating the easy beginner type targets with their 3 shot autos though. 

Latest posts

Back