Did the new beretta 694 succeed to fulfill the expectations?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panagiotis

Two months since the new b694 has been released, it would be interesting after the first impressions, to hear from b694 owners their thoughts after two months of shooting with this gun. 

The Miroku has been out in one guise or another for 30 odd years and people still misdescribe it as indestructible, getting a valid opinion on the 694 after just two months is a tad optimistic. 

Iggy on here has one I believe but I haven't seen one yet.

It will take a long time to get worthwhile feedback because the 692 - with all it's issues - lost Beretta many previously loyal customers, most of whom now shoot another brand. No matter how good the 694 is, it will be a long haul for Beretta.

So far so good, everything has worked as it should...nothing has fallen off, failed to open, failed to close, failed to eject or failed to go bang and it it ‘feels’ more premium than my old 692 did from memory. I said this before, it feels like a DT11 that’s been on a diet.

In fact the only significant change in my shooting since buying it is my averages have gone up (86, 81 & 87)

Biggest downside is the attention it receives while out shooting, lots of people want a go.

I’m not a fanboy, and ‘brands’ play a very small part in my life either shooting or otherwise, I just like to buy stuff that’s decent quality. However the the more I shoot it the more I like it, try one if you can. 

So far so good, everything has worked as it should...nothing has fallen off, failed to open, failed to close, failed to eject or failed to go bang and it it ‘feels’ more premium than my old 692 did from memory. I said this before, it feels like a DT11 that’s been on a diet.

In fact the only significant change in my shooting since buying it is my averages have gone up (86, 81 & 87)

Biggest downside is the attention it receives while out shooting, lots of people want a go.

I’m not a fanboy, and ‘brands’ play a very small part in my life either shooting or otherwise, I just like to buy stuff that’s decent quality. However the the more I shoot it the more I like it, try one if you can. 
Thank you very much for the feedback! 

To me its no improvement over the late 692 with the improved ejectors and upper tang screw but with two huge downsides: Too shallow of a buttstock and too fat of a comb. Because of that I will never own one. But my 692 Black B-Fast and DT-11 B-Fast will last me a long time

Last edited by a moderator:
Back