Sign in to follow this  
westley

Pilla 44N Lens.

westley

Can I ask anyone who has any of the 'purple' Pilla lenses, do they really work  ?   It is only on rare occasions that I encounter an orange clay against a green background, they are mainly against the sky or trees. Would the lens be of use, for an orange clay against a blue sky for instance  ?    The 2 lenses that I use most are the 75 sort of pale brown colour and the 40 max orange on brighter days. As half of the shoot is in woods or shooting down into a quarry, there are only a few targets against a grass background. I am not into changing lenses between stands, preferring to pick 1 colour and stick with it. Before I spend any more money on lenses that will not get used a lot, any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

GlawsterCodger

Im now wearing prescription Pillas cut into a 44N lens and I can see every colour thrown at me / across me / away from me / over me, this includes green on green & the now more common blue clay. However that's me, the same bloke that struggled to see the very same colours using a 44N lens wearing contact lenses!

westley

Thanks for that. I had laser treatment many moons ago and a cataract op, following a detached retina so now my eyesight is pretty good. I have tried a cheaper purple lens, albeit, not the Pilla, and found that it did not make a great difference over my 2 usual lenses.

jwpzx9r

I use the purple colour lens all the time unless it is really dark seems to work for me. That is I can see the target... hitting them is the problem!

tpd1309

I've some 44n in a prescription 580 frame, work really well for me, except in really full on sun