Beretta DT11 with fibres?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

Morning all, anybody shoot their DT11 with fibres? Having 19mm+ dia bores, I sort of fancy their may be sealing issues.

Fire at least 10 shells at a pattern plate and see, I can’t see most fibres being be as good as plaswads in a DT11 but it is possible you may be lucky especially with an expensive game load.

Fire at least 10 shells at a pattern plate and see, I can’t see most fibres being be as good as plaswads in a DT11 but it is possible you may be lucky especially with an expensive game load.
It's only for shooting game. I was just looking to see if anybody has tried fibres before I take a look. 

I'd always try any new gun on a pattern plate now, after what I found out with my 725 and perazzi 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember that the inside diameter of the barrel where it meets the chokes will be the same as all the others using the HP chokes.

Just remember that the inside diameter of the barrel where it meets the chokes will be the same as all the others using the HP chokes.
That's why having a large bore diameter and a normal choke diameter gives tighter patterns for a given choke.

All the same, I'd like to know how they shoot with fibres in case of gas escape.

I have a dt11 and shoot both clay and game loads with fibres in and I've never felt like I have had any problems. I am very particular on having 70mm cases at least to give it the best possible chance though. I patterned some velocity plus fibres and they threw just as good patterns, as well as any gun does anyway. I've not got any reservations about putting fibre through mine.

No problem, I don't go very tight on choke either, currently running on 3/8ths or 1/4 and find either plenty tight enough. I'm not a big believer in this fibre is rubbish in over bored barrels malarkey, I've just shot fibres when I've needed to and got on with it and never been disappointed. 
What fibres do you shoot in it Jonny? Game specifically? 30gm 6s for most and 32gm 5s for the rest is what I've used ordinarily.

What fibres do you shoot in it Jonny? Game specifically? 30gm 6s for most and 32gm 5s for the rest is what I've used ordinarily.
I've shot hull high pheasant extreme 32 gram 6's and 5's mainly. I've also had some 30 gram 6 Gamebore velocity plus. The Hull HPE I find very good as there aren't that many cartridges in a 70mm case when you look hard. 

No problems on clays. Still smashes everything . My two dt11 are both stamped at 18.5. mm  bore. Tapered. Don't worry too much about the media brainwashing.  Even the lowly tt1 throw ok patterns in mine. So crack on. 

Jasper. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've shot hull high pheasant extreme 32 gram 6's and 5's mainly. I've also had some 30 gram 6 Gamebore velocity plus. The Hull HPE I find very good as there aren't that many cartridges in a 70mm case when you look hard. 
That's what I use. HPE in 32gram 5s. 

Less smooth, but hellish killing shells are the RC Sipes, 32gm 5s (4.5 shot). My brother loads at the Duke of Northumberlands shoot (Alnwick Parks), and that's his shell of choice in his Grillas.

Less smooth, but hellish killing shells are the RC Sipes, 32gm 5s (4.5 shot). My brother loads at the Duke of Northumberlands shoot (Alnwick Parks), and that's his shell of choice in his Grillas.
The Hull HPE are continental shot sizes like the RC as well, so 6's are a good 5.5 shot and so on, normal HP are proper English shot sizes. All our game shooting is in Lincolnshire, so not a lot that a 5.5 can't sort out.

The Hull HPE are continental shot sizes like the RC as well, so 6's are a good 5.5 shot and so on, normal HP are proper English shot sizes. All our game shooting is in Lincolnshire, so not a lot that a 5.5 can't sort out.
I'm a  great believer in density of pattern on game. As a point of note, I gave my father a slab of fiocchi fblack fibre sporting (8 shot). He uses them on pigeons and crows, (hes an ex gamekeeper), and killed a jackdaw at silly range. He says they're the best shell hes used.......he should know......he's fired plenty over the past 30 years. 😉

I'm a  great believer in density of pattern on game. As a point of note, I gave my father a slab of fiocchi fblack fibre sporting (8 shot). He uses them on pigeons and crows, (hes an ex gamekeeper), and killed a jackdaw at silly range. He says they're the best shell hes used.......he should know......he's fired plenty over the past 30 years. 😉
Dito on pattern density, there seems to be a new trend or fashion for bigger and bigger when it's not necessarily needed. 

As a confirmed saddo cartridge cutter upper I can confirm the HPE 32/5 average 200 pellets per load where as the same load in a Sipe averages 220 so a slight difference in size between the two. It could be caused by the Sipe being harder shot but I imagine the Hull have the higher antimony content.

I really need to get out more!!

The Duke is awesome to watch and Sipes are a great shell. It's amusing to watch him using plas wads and no one says a thing!

I have seen him on Black Gold fibres as well though.

unless I am using steel for ducks do not use anything but fibre in my DT11 or for that matter any of my guns, also find 1/4 and 1/4 is good for just about everything

Latest posts

Back