Greeting from Jamaica!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omar

New to the site, seeking some advice on repair of my beretta silver pigeon over under shotgun. An unknown chemical has damaged the barrel while it was in storage creating shallow holes ruining the smooth feeling. I’m wondering if this can be repaired or if I will need to buy another barrel to fix it. Operates perfectly 

image.jpg

Firstly hello, secondly isn't that pitting from rust rather than a chemical?  Someone will be along to help with repair etc

Good day, I’m not sure. But it happened very quickly, I’d say within the space of a few days, and when I removed it there was no rust just a white gritty substance of the areas that the pitting occurred. 

Good day, I’m not sure. But it happened very quickly, I’d say within the space of a few days, and when I removed it there was no rust just a white gritty substance of the areas that the pitting occurred. 
I think rusting can almost happen as you watch and certainly overnight but I am sure someone will be along who can help you out.

Hi Omar,

Welcome!

@k80ben has done a lot of work with the guys in Jamaica so might be able to give you a recommendation for a gunsmith out there to take a look at it. I'd hope it can just be re-finished rather than needing a new set of barrels. 

Hi Omar,

Welcome!

@k80ben has done a lot of work with the guys in Jamaica so might be able to give you a recommendation for a gunsmith out there to take a look at it. I'd hope it can just be re-finished rather than needing a new set of barrels. 
Hello Doug, 

I’m definitely excited to hear that there are options available. Appreciate any recommendations available. Thank you

Latest posts

Back