Beretta 692 X Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelrain

Hi I'm new to this forum and relatively new to DTL shooting maybe a year or so,i decided last weekend to trade in my mk38 trap for a lightly used Beretta 692 x trap are any of you shooting an x trap and how do you find it, reliability and such?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought id say hi, and welcome.

I cant answer your question though I'm afraid. I shoot sporting, I guess I should branch out a bit more and experience DTL, Skeet, etc.

Hope you get your answers :cool:

Hi and welcome!

I do not think you will have too many problems regarding the mechanics and reliability of this gun. Personally I do not get the idea of even semi raised rib guns for shooting trap... unless there are issues regarding ones neck vertebra  of course where a higher head position could help. 

I have no idea how you will fair with the gun but there is a guy at my club who has had two semi high rib Beretta's and even though he had a stock made to measure and then an other newer gun with a much higher rib fitted with a TSK stock and both those guns battered him all over the place?? He has now bought a Cesar Guerini  which is bog standard and he is shooting it well with no recoil issues at all... which is weird but some shooters are far more sensitive to recoil. There was nothing wrong with the other two guns he only changed because of the recoil he was enduring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought id say hi, and welcome.

I cant answer your question though I'm afraid. I shoot sporting, I guess I should branch out a bit more and experience DTL, Skeet, etc.

Hope you get your answers :cool:
Hi Adam,I only took up DTL because there is a DTL shooting ground on my door step here in southern Ireland called Bishops Mountain Shooting Grounds,I wondered in one Saturday morning for a look and got hooked,sound bunch of lads shooting their and we're more than helpful in showing me the tricks of the trade.

Hi and welcome!

I do not think you will have too many problems regarding the mechanics and reliability of this gun. Personally I do not get the idea of even semi raised rib guns for shooting trap... unless there are issues regarding ones neck vertebra  of course where a higher head position could help. 

I have no idea how you will fair with the gun but there is a guy at my club who has had two semi high rib Beretta's and even though he had a stock made to measure and then an other newer gun with a much higher rib fitted with a TSK stock and both those guns battered him all over the place?? He has now bought a Cesar Guerini  which is bog standard and he is shooting it well with no recoil issues at all... which is weird but some shooters are far more sensitive to recoil. There was nothing wrong with the other two guns he only changed because of the recoil he was enduring.
Hi,the dealer I bought the Beretta from let me try it before I bought it I found the neck upright shooting position came very naturally to me and this gun is heavyish so recoil felt a lot softer than the mk38 I was using,I felt I had more control over the gun than the mk38 and the Clay's i was shooting seem to be well centered breaks.i knew then I couldn't go home with out buying it,new shiney things and all that.

Was also wondering since this gun is fully adjustable could it be used for other disciplines like skeet or sporting,would like to try them some time?

The 682x is an excellent gun. Reliability is not an issue and if looked after will last a lifetime. 

Hi Paul,mines a 692x hopefully the reliability will be as good as the 682x so.
Good luck with the 692x. The 682x and mk38 are both built like brick sh^* houses. Excellent guns. Much better than the current crop of rubbish of late.

High rib or low rib? Doesn't matter. I have a Perazzi HPX DSR and the higher rib is supposed to help get both eyes over the action of the gun for faster target acquisition. Does it work?  Maybe? But I shoot trap guns for ESP and a high trap comb and that let's me get both eyes on the clay better. I see loads of people with their master eye running tight to the action and flat against the rib as if they are shooting a rifle. Unfortunately this has the effect of their other eye being masked by the action and barrels and they consequently 'lift' their head off the stock to see the clay. 

Both guns will serve you well, it's just which one fits and suits you best.

Back